Students stopping by at the L’Oréal booth at the Google Ignite event
(marketingmagazine.com.my) – For the second consecutive year, the Malaysian Advertisers Association (MAA) collaborated with Google to enhance the potential and capabilities of Malaysian digital marketing talents through “Google Ignite”.
Connie Ng, Head of Talent Development for the MAA shared, “Google Ignite is an exclusive training to internship program for university students to immerse themselves in the arena of digital marketing. This is a rapidly developing advertising segment, as can be seen by the shift in media expenditure from traditional advertising towards the digital domain”.
The brands supporting this year’s initiative include Air Asia, Digi, L’Oréal, Maxis, Nestle, Proctor & Gamble, Tune Group and Unilever. This year also sees new partners joining the program, namely Isentia, Mondelez, Phar Partnerships and more.
Students were invited to sign-up for Google Ignite and secure an internship with the companies above to kick-start their career in digital marketing.
Connie shared that the Google Ignite project would allow members of the association to enable students to gain exposure to real-world situations not found in textbooks, cultivate adaptability and increase their employability.
“After the 2015 success of MAA’s participation in Google Ignite, we are truly confident that this project will help enhance employment potential of digital marketers in Malaysia, and we look forward towards a bright future for the industry, and particularly, for members of MAA”.
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
• Dato Seri Vida – Founder, Pamoga & Qu Puteh
•Rafiq Razalli – CEO, Media Prima Digital Sdn Bhd
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016