(marketingmagazine.com.my) – Entitled #ProudlyMalaysian, Malaysia Airports says the focus will be the commercial division’s long-term priority, as the campaign was launched alongside the country’s 59th Merdeka and 53rd Malaysia Day celebrations.
Explaining the new programme, Malaysia Airports’ Senior General Manager, Commercial Services, Mohammad Nazli Abdul Aziz commented, “Airports are often the first and last destination for visitors and Malaysians coming in and leaving the country. As the gatekeeper of these key entry and exit points, Malaysia Airports is well positioned to champion all-things Malaysia.”
“Within KLIA and klia2, we have a variety of brands and outlets that are Malaysian, or Malaysian-owned. Some are established names locally and internationally. Even as we celebrate these well-known home-grown labels, let us not forget that there are also up and coming local names that deserve our attention and support.”
He said the hope is that Malaysian airport retailers will be encouraged to offer specially-packaged #ProudlyMalaysian products to heighten awareness and generate sales.
To celebrate the launch, Malaysia Airports has initiated an online #ProudlyMalaysian contest.
Participants are being encouraged to take a photograph at the Proudly Malaysian photo booths in the Main Terminal Buildings of KLIA and klia2.
They are then being asked to hashtag #ProudlyMalaysian and upload these via Twitter and/or Instagram, with a caption.
Participants will receive discounted e-vouchers and also have the opportunity to win one of 59 customized #ProudlyMalaysian prizes being given away to commemorate 59 years of independence.
There will also be 59 cash vouchers worth RM59 ($14.57) each to 59 lucky visitors and Malaysians during the launch, on 31 August and on 16 September. The actual campaign runs from today through to September 16.
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
• Dato Seri Vida – Founder, Pamoga & Qu Puteh
•Rafiq Razalli – CEO, Media Prima Digital Sdn Bhd
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, [email protected]
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.