Asia’s leading streaming platform iQIYI won big at the national round of the recent Asian Academy Creative Awards (AACA), clinching a total of 11 awards including 5-Star Hunter Bersama GrabFood which won ‘Best Branded Programme or Series (Malaysia)’, and Chinese Original Productions Love Between Fairy and Devil, Super Sketch Show 2, Ping Pong: The Triumph, Become A Farmer and The Land of Miracles which won China’s ‘Best Drama Series’, ‘Best Feature Film’, ‘Best Lifestyle Programme’, ‘Best Animated Programme or Series’ respectively.
5-Star Hunter Bersama GrabFood marks the debut of iQIYI’s first branded variety show in collaboration with GrabFood Malaysia. This in-line with their efforts to establish a distinctive presence in the contemporary advertising landscape, known as advertainment, pioneering a domain that remains largely unexplored by many for brands to build awareness on their offerings and engage with customers.
Kelvin Yau, Head of Asia Pacific, iQIYI shared: “AACA is one of Asia’s TV and film industry’s highest form of recognition. With iQIYI winning the ‘Best Drama Series’, ‘Best Feature Film’, ‘Best Lifestyle Programme’, ‘Best Comedy Programme’ and ‘Best Animated Programme or Series’ awards in China, it is a reflection of iQIYI’s prowess in the Chinese language content scene.
Another notable award came from iQIYI, with our branded content efforts with Grab Malaysia to produce the food review and cooking show 5-Star Hunter Bersama GrabFood winning the ‘Best Branded Programme or Series’ in Malaysia.
This is a testament of iQIYI’s level of excellence in Asian language content. We want to extend our gratitude to Grab for their trust, and also thank the judges and fans for their support over the past year.”
Why Try To Change Me Now, is another iQIYI original series which was recognised earlier this year at the Berlin International Film Festival. Director Zhang Dalei and Cinematographer Lü Songye both received recognition, being selected as the national winner for the ‘Best Direction (Fiction)’ and ‘Best Cinematography’ awards.
Among these, Chinese stars Ren Jialun and Zhao Liying both won the ‘Best Actor and Best Actress’ awards respectively for their starring roles in Thousand Years For You and Wild Bloom, two of iQIYI’s most memorable original series from last year.
The 11 national awards won by iQIYI at AACA include:
- Best Actor in a Leading Role (China) – Ren Jialun, Thousand Years For You
- Best Actress in a Leading Role (China) – Zhao Liying, Wild Bloom
- Best Animated Programme or Series (China) – The Land of Miracles
- Best Cinematography (China) – Songye Lü, Why Try To Change Me Now
- Best Comedy Programme (China) – Super Sketch Show 2
- Best Direction Fiction (China) – Dalei Zhang, Why Try To Change Me Now
- Best Drama Series (China) – Love Between Fairy and Devil
- Best Feature Film (China) – Ping Pong: The Triumph
- Best Lifestyle Programme (China) – Become a Farmer
- Best Theme Song or Title Theme (China) – ‘The Timeless Story’ by DongDong and Xi Chen for Road Home
- Best Branded Programme or Series (Malaysia) – 5-Star Hunter Bersama GrabFood
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.