The Marketing Academy, the highly respected non-profit organization has revealed the CMOs and growth leaders selected for their inaugural APAC Fellowship Program. This board level, executive development program, designed exclusively for CMOs, develops the skills to help make the transition to a CEO or broader C- Suite roles.
The APAC Fellowship is sponsored by Salesforce and supported by McKinsey & Company, Board level coaching organization; Wisdom8, Oscar Trimboli and Marketing Leadership expert Thomas Barta who is also Global Dean of the Program.
Vincent Cremers, Senior Partner, McKinsey Asia said – “Being trusted partners to corporate leaders and helping their business grow have always been at the core of what we do at McKinsey.
Assisting with leadership growth is a natural extension, and we are delighted to launch our inaugural Fellowship Program in this region for CMOs.”
Although this is the first Fellowship Program in APAC it marks the 15th cohort globally having been delivered in EMEA & USA for the last 10 years.
The curriculum consists of three immersive residential events and masterclasses covering all elements of Board stewardship including strategy, corporate finance, organizational health, leading transformational change, operational effectiveness and stakeholder influence.
Fellows also benefit from mentoring, enabling them to spend one-on-one time with seasoned Board members and are assigned an Executive Coach for the duration of the program.
Sherilyn Shackell, Founder & Global CEO of The Marketing Academy said ‘We are so excited to bring the Fellowship to the APAC region this year and can’t wait to meet the cohort at their first Residential in Australia later this month.
Bringing together marketing leaders from China, Singapore, Japan, Hong Kong, Australia and India will provide a culturally rich experience for the entire cohort’.
The Marketing Academy Fellowship Program has an enviable list of more than 220 Alumni globally including; Cristina Diezhandino – Global CMO, Diageo, Bob Sherwin – CMO, Wayfair LCC, Robert Chatwani – President, DocuSign, Dara Treseder – CMO, Autodesk, Katie Vanneck-Smith – CEO, Hearst UK, Catherine Tan-Gillespie – President & GM, KFC Canada, Najoh Tita Reid – Global CMO, Logitech International.
Fellow Alumni Andréa Mallard – Global Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, Pinterest said “The Fellowship Program is absolutely not another conference and it’s not an online course. Most amazing: it helped me think more broadly about my entire life, not just my career.”
The APAC Fellowship Program 2023 cohort are;
- Aisling Finch, AU NZ Senior Director of Marketing Google AU NZ, Google
- Angela Greenwood, Chief Marketing Officer, Youi Insurance
- Anika Agarwal, Chief Marketing and Customer Experience Officer, Orient Electric
- Brent Smart, Chief Marketing Officer, Telstra
- Carolyn Bendall, Chief Marketing Officer, Swinburne University of Technology
- Cheryl Rodness, AVP, Strategic Growth Initiatives, Calix
- Gabriel Heredia, Group Chief Marketing Officer, China Development Financial Holding Company
- Geoff Ikin, Chief Customer Officer, Myer
- Gill Zhou, Managing Director, Condé Nast China
- Graham Villiers-Tuthill, Marketing & Innovation Director Greater China, Diageo PLC
- Jay Sellick, Chief Value, Trading & Risk Officer, Sportsbet
- Leandro Perez, VP & CMO Asia Pacific, Salesforce
- Leisa Bacon, Director, Audiences, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- Lise Kay, Chief Marketing Officer, AirTrunk
- Martin Brown, General Manager, Coffee & Dairy, Nestlé Oceania
- Mim Haysom, Executive General Manager Brand & Marketing, Suncorp Group
- Ranjita Ghosh, Chief Marketing Officer Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Wipro
- Rebecca Darley, Chief Marketing Officer, Domain Group
- Sunshine FarzanMD, Global Head of Marketing & Communications, Corporate, Commercial & Institutional Banking, Standard Chartered Bank
- Yoichiro Basso, Chief Marketing Officer, DAZN Japan
- Yukiko Yamaguchi, Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, Panasonic Connect Co., Ltd
Acceptance on The Marketing Academy Programs in the USA, EMEA & APAC is merit based and all Programs are delivered free of charge to the selected cohorts.
The APAC Fellowship Program commences in July and runs for 9 months. More information about The Marketing Academy Fellowship and other Programs can be found via the website.
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.