(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – A touching video released on Mother’s Day by retail brand, Guardian, made many question, how well do we really know our mums? This was the first time the brand used the digital route to run its Mother’s Day campaign.
The “Every day is Mother’s Day” video showcased kids guessing a range of questions on their mother, from guessing their favourite colour to naming the school they studied in.
Shirley New Swee Fun, Senior Manager, Marketing & Promotions at Guardian told MARKETING that their first Mother’s Day digital campaign was to leverage on the insight of today’s children being overly obsessed with digital communications that often times their family and often mothers are put on secondary priority.
“We want to take this opportunity to drive an emotion realization to today’s society on the importance of family.” added Shirley.
The campaign targets 18-29 year-olds, who are young mothers and those celebrating Mother’s Day with their mothers.
The “Every day is Mother’s Day” video is currently running on the brand’s Facebook and YouTube channel.
The campaign was conceptualised for the brand by BBDO.
“The social world is filled with so much content today and we knew that if we wanted people to notice this, it would have to be simple, relevant and un-fabricated. After all, the best content today are the ones that are real and elicit a powerful human response.” John Teoh, General Manager, BBDO told MARKETING.
The touching scenes in the video even affected those shooting it on set, shared VJ Anand, BBDO’s executive creative director.
“It was a pretty emotional shoot. Even the sound guy broke into tears. But we didn’t want the video to be one of those tear jerker kinda videos. It was meant to be real with genuine answers.
“Everyone would have an end take out of the video, mine was to go back and get to know my mom better.”
Even VJ was affected, admitting that even he was guilty of not knowing some of the questions asked for his own mum.
“We always take our parents for granted, yes we shower them with love and care, more so on days like Mother’s day. Why can’t we do it every day? We can certainly start by getting to know our ‘guardians’ better.”
Check out the campaign video below:
Every day is Mother’s Day campaign credit list:
Idea – Krystle Morais
Execution – Krystle Morais, Tatt Ho, Jan Teoh, Nyok
Film Director – Iskandar Siva
Assistant Director – Saqina Latif
Producer – Fah
Production House – PRS Films
Audio House – Canang Studio
Creative Director – Lee Tak Shune
Executive Creative Director – VJ Anand
Client Service Director – Adrian Cheah
Client – Shirley New, Christina Low Yoon Fatt, Tey Hong Leng
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, email@example.com
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA