(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Friday, are we there yet? Deadlines galore and piles of emails in the inbox – 5 of which were probably labelled URGENT!!!! (Don’t panic); it’s easy to get caught up in the Monday madness.
On the flipside, the first day of the week is a great time for you to set new goals and come up with fresh new solutions to last week’s problems. We want to inject a bit more fun and motivation back into your Monday with our new #TGIM (Thank God It’s Monday) weekly series.
To kick things off, here are two TED talks to help you get through the week. Answering your client’s follow-up emails? While your fingers dance away on the keyboard, plug in your earphones and have a listen.
1) Preparing for a big pitch or presenting for next week’s APPIES? Amy Cuddy gives an insightful talk on how non-verbals or body language, influences people’s perceptions of us. Going beyond theory, Amy shares several ‘power poses’ one can practice to build self-confidence before going into stressful situations.
2) Can’t see eye to eye with your team on cracking the client’s brief? Why not try Tom Wujec’s exercise of drawing how you make toast. In his talk, Tom shared how a drawing a simple outline of how one makes toast allows us to understand a person’s thought process of solving a problem. Once this is identified, the solution to the problem can then be fleshed out through systems thinking. After listening to his talk, head over to www.drawtoast.com to try this with your team members.
If you feel like you need an extra boost of inspiration, why not join us next week, for what is dubbed as the “TED of Marketing”. At the APPIES, you will hear electrifying talks from local and international industry leaders as they share how they weave marketing magic into their campaigns.
Already a finalist and preparing for your winning presentation? Share your journey to victory by posting pictures online with our official event hashtag: #MYAPPIES2016. See you there!
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, email@example.com
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
Monday isn’t all that bad