(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Social media giant Facebook has solidified its presence in Malaysia by setting up an office in KL Sentral and hiring former JWT managing director Nicole Tan heading up their local team.
Nicole has over 20 years of industry experience in the FMCG, tech, and automotive sectors.
Prior to heading up JWT’s Malaysian office in 2013, she was the attached to JWT’s office in Beijing, where she served as the Business Director for the Nokia China account.
In her new role she will lead the local business team that will partner closely with businesses and agencies, helping them get more value out of Facebook‘s solutions.
Other key people in Facebook’s local operations include media veteran Jon-Tjin Kee as Head of Agency and Meiyin Leong, formerly Mattel’s Head of Marketing, as Facebook’s Head of Client Solutions.
Commenting on her new role Nicole shared:
“Malaysians on Facebook are an active and mobile first community. They have 60% more friends than the global average and spend more time watching video on their smartphones than consumers in any other country in SEA. With more than 13 million people in Malaysia connected to a business Page, we also know they want to build deeper connections with businesses. I’m excited to lead the Facebook team in Kuala Lumpur and to continue strengthening the support we offer partners to help them achieve their business goals,”
Facebook’s data on its Malaysian users shows more than 18 million people on the social networking site and 6.5 million people on Instagram.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, [email protected]
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.