Agencies, studios and brands in 11 countries and regions in APAC won 17 Gold Pencils, 17 Silver, 18 Bronze and 116 Merits in The One Show 2023, it was announced at a special 50th anniversary awards ceremony at Hammerstein Ballroom during Creative Week in New York, where Best of Show, Best of Discipline, special awards, and “of the Year” honours were unveiled.
Leading the way was Ogilvy Group Thailand Bangkok, which picked up six prestigious One Show Gold Pencils. They include five Golds for work on behalf of Monde Nissin/Volz – including “The Innocent Eyes” – and one for Dairy Plus Co./Dutchie.
The One Show 2023 Gold Pencil winners from APAC are as follows:
- (tsuzuku) Tokyo with Dentsu Tokyo, Uedake Tokyo, and Dentsu Craft Tokyo “Suntory Tennensui Endless Dawn” for Suntory Holdings Limited in Interactive & Mobile Craft, Visual Craft – Visual Effects
- Cheil Hong Kong with Cheil PengTai Beijing “Quest for Dyslexia” for Samsung in Gaming, Mobile Gaming
- DDB Mudra Group Mumbai “A Silent Frown” for Charlie Chaplin Foundation in Design, Editorial – Books
- Dentsu Creative Hong Kong “Critical Core” for Game to Grow/Critical Core Tabletop RPG Game in Gaming, Use of Gaming as a Tool
- Dentsu Tokyo “Beautiful Mutations” for The Ad Museum Tokyo/Yoshida Hideo Memorial Foundation in Design, Posters – Series
- Dentsu Tokyo with Tone Up Corp. Tokyo “Walk, Walk” for Dentsu Advertising Awards 75th Anniversary in Design, Craft – Art Direction
- Leo Burnett India Mumbai with Offroad Films Mumbai “The Missing Chapter” for P&G Whisper, Integrated, Integrated Campaign
- Leo Burnett India Mumbai with Offroad Films Mumbai “The Missing Chapter” for P&G Whisper, Out of Home, Craft – Art Direction
- Ogilvy Group Thailand Bangkok with Factory01 Bangkok “The Innocent Eyes” for Monde Nissin / Voiz in Film & Video, Television & VOD – 31-60 Seconds – Series
- Ogilvy Group Thailand Bangkok with Factory01 Bangkok “Contact Lens” for Monde Nissin / Voiz in Film & Video, Television & VOD – 31-60 Seconds – Single
- Ogilvy Group Thailand Bangkok with Factory01 Bangkok “Left and Right” for Monde Nissin / Voiz in Film & Video, Television & VOD – 31-60 Seconds – Single
- Ogilvy Group Thailand Bangkok with Factory01 Bangkok “The Battle” for Monde Nissin / Voiz in Film & Video, Television & VOD – 31-60 Seconds – Single
- Ogilvy Group Thailand Bangkok with Factory01 Bangkok “The Eyes” for Monde Nissin / Voiz in Film & Video, Television & VOD – 31-60 Seconds – Single
- Ogilvy Group Thailand Bangkok with Suneta House Bangkok “Love Your Gut” for Dairy Plus Co., Ltd./Dutchie in Branded Entertainment, Long Form Video – Single
- TBWA\Juice Beijing with TBWA\BOLT Shanghai, Filmate Productions Shanghai, and Real Good Studio New York “BMW: Nothing But Sheer Joy” for BMW in Social Media, Social Channel – Multi-Platform
- The Nippon Foundation with Shibuya Ward, Daiwa House Industry Co., and Toto Ltd. “The Tokyo Toilet” for The Nippon Foundation in Design, Spatial Design – Architecture
The One Show 2023 saw APAC Pencil and Merit winners from China, Hong Kong-SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan-China, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The showcase of all One Show 2023 Pencil and Merit winners can be viewed here, and the online listing of all winners can be viewed here.
Globally, FCB New York won the most One Show Gold Pencils with 11, including 10 for “McEnroe vs McEnroe” on behalf of AB InBev/Michelob ULTRA, which was the piece of work to win the most Golds this year.
BBDO Canada Toronto with TA2 Sound & Music Toronto picked up nine Gold Pencils for Muskrat Magazine “Missing Matoaka”. BETC Paris won eight Golds, including three for Women in Games “Gender Swap”, two each for Canal+ “The Secret of Wakany” (with Gum Paris and Partizan Paris) and Duolingo “The Tattoo Duo Over” (with Voir Pictures Paris), and one for Lacoste “Unexpected Encounters” in Out of Home.
Virtue Copenhagen received seven Gold Pencils, all for “Backup Ukraine” on behalf of Polycam, Unesco and Blue Shield.
Tied with six One Show Golds Pencils each were Area 23 New York, Ogilvy Group Thailand Bangkok, and We BelieversNew York. Five Golds each went to adam&eveDDB London, Apple London, Duolingo Pittsburgh, Rethink in Toronto, Montréal and Vancouver, and VMLY&R New York.
A total of 20,166 pieces from 69 countries and regions were entered in The One Show 2023. Agencies, studios, brands, production companies and designers in 54 countries and regions were awarded 210 Gold Pencils, 200 Silver, 238 Bronze, and 1,172 Merits.
The One Show 2023 Best of Show, Best of Disciplines, special awards — including Fusion Pencil, Green Pencil, Sustainable Development Goals Pencil, and Penta Pencil — and “of the Year” honours will be announced tomorrow, May 19, at The One Show’s special 50th anniversary ceremony and celebration at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York to close out Creative Week 2023.
The One Show 2023 Global Creative Rankings will be announced on May 24, 2023.
The One Club for Creativity, producer of The One Show, ADC Annual Awards, ONE Asia Creative Awards, Type Directors Club competition, TDC Ascenders, Young Guns, and more, is the world’s foremost non-profit organization whose mission is to support and celebrate the global creative community.
Revenue generated from entries to its global awards shows goes back into the industry to fund programming under the organization’s four pillars: Education, Inclusion & Diversity, Gender Equality, and Creative Development.
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.
The APPIES is an annual event that presents a rare opportunity for creative, media, digital and marketing agencies or brands to present their best campaigns to the industry.
This is the only event where Live Presentations meets Live Judging.
Similar to TED Talks, The APPIES is the chance for great presenters with outstanding work to show it off to some of the industry’s most important industry leaders.
This year’s winners will receive Gold, Silver or Bronze trophies for 10 categories, and 7 special Best of Best categories (red trophies) that require no submissions!
Campaign entries must have run between June 2022 to May 2023
For more details visit https://appies.com.my/ or contact Vishnu