Ensemble Worldwide, the creative unit of Mediabrands Content Studio (MBCS), the media-fueled creative content practice within the IPG Mediabrands network, has unveiled the latest brand film for the OPPO Reno8 Series 5G, to cement its position as ‘The Portrait Expert’, this Merdeka and Malaysia Day.
Titled ‘Our Traits in Portraits’, the film celebrates and brings to light the traits that make Malaysians extraordinary. It features Malaysians from all walks of life via vivid, gorgeous portraits that showcase each trait in ultra-clear detail, shining a light on the best portrait features of the Reno8 Series.
Norman Tang, Creative Director of Ensemble Worldwide said, “Portraits are powerful mediums. A rich, vivid one captures the traits that clearly define who we are. This motivated us to look towards portraits as a way to showcase the traits that make us extraordinary as Malaysians. Particularly portraits shot by The Portrait Expert – the Reno8.
“To help us breathe life into Reno8’s Merdeka/Malaysia Day narrative of ‘Our Traits in Portraits’, we searched for inspirational Malaysians and landed on a diverse set of personalities which included a K2 summiteer, a para sprinter, a national flood relief hero and more. All possess different traits that Malaysians are known for and are proud of. Resilience, generosity, strength, creativity… the list goes on. We definitely struck gold with these heroes.”
The film features the following Malaysians:
- Afiq Ali (Muhammad Afiq Mohamad Ali), a 27-year-old national para and medalist, winning a bronze medal in the 2018 Commonwealth Games, and recently breaking his own national record for the men’s 100-metre event at the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games.
- T. Ravichandran, (Ravi Everest), a national solo climber who was the first Malaysian to raise the Jalur Gemilang (Malaysian flag) at the summit of the world’s second highest mountain – the K2 in Pakistan.
- Miki, a batik cheongsam designer with a love and passion for fusing traditional batik motif and patterns with traditional Chinese designs. She is the founder and designer of SpiritAnimalCo, a business started from scratch with her grandmother’s sewing machine.
- Azwan Omar (Abang Viva), a national hero who drove to various states in Malaysia with a single boat strapped to his humble Perodua Viva car, to provide rescue and aid to flood victims during the rainy season. He was recently presented an award (Pingat Jasa Kebaktian) by the Governor of Melaka, for his contribution to the people.
- Dayana, who trends as a “BookTok” influencer, with her gentle demeanour, stellar book recommendations and her passion in nurturing the love of reading amongst fellow Malaysians. She owns a new library café, a space for Malaysians to indulge in books.
- Kuan Kun Heng and Cheah Wen Jie from Xenix Robotics, a robotics learning centre that teaches the development and technology of robotics to young minds. They have created many robotics projects and won robotics championships.
Alex Chen, Marketing Deputy Director of OPPO Malaysia said, “The video showcases an amalgamation of distinctive characteristics that every Malaysian possesses, that resonates with OPPO’s brand proposition – “Inspiration Ahead”. Just like them, we are all about empowering people who are not afraid to take on challenges.
Together, OPPO wants to be a part of every Malaysian’s daily lives and hopes to inspire and encourage Malaysian users to embrace future challenges with optimism and dedication.”
Norman adds, “Together with Graph Studios, we made a film that serves as an ode and a reminder that we Malaysians have unique traits that deserve to be captured and celebrated. And all we needed is the portrait expert that fit right into the palm of our hands to do them justice.”
Watch OPPO Reno8 Series 5G | Our Traits In Portraits here:
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.