(marketingmagazine.com.my) – By: Malati Siniah
Malaysian spirits were at an all-time high yesterday when two of our badminton teams were guaranteed a medal at the Rio Olympic Games.
A video making its rounds online showcasing Malaysians cheering upon finding out the country’s badminton team entered the finals
Malaysian badminton doubles pair Goh V Shem-Tan Wee Kiong and mixed doubles pair Goh Liu Ying-Chan Peng Soon were confirmed a spot at the finals yesterday bringing up our hopes of taking home two gold medals at this year’s Olympic Games.
Here are some of the brands who were celebrating #teamMalaysia online yesterday:
Penang based F&B outlet was quick to post up the three key badminton matches timing encouraging customers to watch the matches together at their café.
In its social media posting yesterday, XOX Mobile, Malaysia’s Mobile Virtual Network Operator promised our mixed doubles pair a cash prize of RM100 thousand if they bring home Malaysia’s first Olympic gold medal. To date the posting has received over 208 shares and 300 likes on Facebook.
Celebrating the news of our badminton teams making it through to the finals, Maxis in a clever visual play of a badminton shuttlecock and the WiFi symbol posted a thank you message which has been making its rounds online.
As the nation waits in anticipation tonight when our mixed doubles badminton team and Datuk Lee Chong Wei battles it out for a medal at the games, we will keep an eye out for celebratory campaigns.
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
• Dato Seri Vida – Founder, Pamoga & Qu Puteh
•Rafiq Razalli – CEO, Media Prima Digital Sdn Bhd
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, email@example.com
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016