The top 5 complaints by Malaysian consumers in 2016

(– The Communications and Multimedia Consumer Forum of Malaysia (CFM) recorded complaints on both Communications and Multimedia services with 7,556 valid complaints and 2,385 general enquiries received in 2016. Out of the total valid complaints received, CFM managed to resolve 99% while the remaining 1%is still under investigation.

The total number of valid complaints received in 2016 shows an increase of 3.14% from the 7,326 valid complaints lodged for the year 2015.

“Collecting both valid complaints and general enquiries from consumers are essential for solving their issues at the early stage. As a designated Forum that protects the rights of consumers, we will continue to monitor the service delivery of the various Service Providers by providing the SPs the necessary facilitation required in order for them to resolve the issues efficiently and expediently,” said the Chairman of CFM, Megat Ishak Maamunor Rashid.

Below are the Top 5 complaints received last year:

Out of all types of complaints received by CFM in 2016, Billing and Charging recorded as having the highest case volume, which is an increase of 36.62% from the 2,133 complaints lodged in the same category for the year 2015.

The highest recorded number of complaints received by CFM in the billing and charging category was billing dispute, topping at 1,484 complaints and which mainly revolve around billing dispute of charges or rates applied to the packages for both prepaid and postpaid subscriptions.

Megat Ishak stated that CFM will continue to investigate all issues that have affected the communications and multimedia services consumers in Malaysia and strives to ensure transparency in the handling of complaints while continuously to monitoring the service delivery of the Service Providers.

CFM continues to work closely with the various Service Providers (SP) to ensure all remaining cases will be solved as set out in the General Consumer Code of Practice for the Communications and Multimedia Industry Malaysia (GCC). The arm receives complaints from the consumers through various channels including CFM Online Complaint Portal (CoP), toll-free hotline, e-mail and CFM MYMobileRights Complaint application which was launched in April 2016.

For more information on CFM and information on how to lodge a complaint click here.

Mad 2017

Is your company at your clients’ fingertips?

On the table of Malaysia’s leading marketing, media and agency heads will be a well-worn book, an industry bible which has been bookmarked, highlighted and even had its pages torn out.

Launched 22 years ago, the annual Malaysian Advertising Directory or MAD is the premier resource for every marketing, media and agency head in the country.

We are open for bookings for MAD 2017 and it’s time for YOUR company to be right at the fingertips of your clients. 8,000 copies sent to marketers, media specialists, brand agencies, digital players and more…

Download the PDF on MAD here

To advertise email [email protected] or call 018-220 0682

MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.

The APPIES is an annual event that presents a rare opportunity for creative, media, digital and marketing agencies or brands to present their best campaigns to the industry.

This is the only event where Live Presentations meets Live Judging.

Similar to TED Talks, The APPIES is the chance for great presenters with outstanding work to show it off to some of the industry’s most important industry leaders.

This year’s winners will receive Gold, Silver or Bronze trophies for 21 categories, and 6 special Best of Best categories (red trophies) that require no submissions!

Campaign entries must have run between June 2023 to May 2024

Submissions Deadline
30th June 2024

APPIES Festival – Judging & Presentations
11th – 12th July 2024 (Malaysia)


Download Event PDF
Submit Entries Here

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates in the marketing and advertising scene