(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – If you all recall, fresh after Obama’s election victory in 2008, MARKETING magazine brought Scott Goodstein (cover picture) founder of Revolution Messaging to Malaysia for a series of talks to our industry here.
Well the man behind Bernie Sanders’ social media today is none other than Scott and Revolution Messaging.
In addition to Scott, who ran Obama’s social media and mobile programs in 2008, the Revolution Messaging team is led by Presidential campaign and digital strategy veterans.
The award winning firm of Obama veterans is now heading up social media, online organizing, online fundraising, web design and digital advertising for Bernie 2016.
Scott, who was the president’s external online director in 2008, is leading the charge in developing social and mobile networking tools that helped to modernize grassroots organizing for the digital age.
Creative director and partner at Revolution Messaging, Arun Chaudhary, also worked on Obama’s new media team in 2008 — though he is noted for serving as the first official White House videographer.
According to Fast Company magazine, “Sanders’ social media campaign gets a solid A-,” comments Nikki Usher Layser, assistant professor at the School of Media and Public Affairs at George Washington University, “#FeeltheBern has got to be one of the most creative hashtags I’ve ever seen for a campaign.”
“All of these credited things are kind of silly,” relates Scott, the 42-year-old CEO of Revolution Messaging. He credits the success of Sanders’s social media strategy to the candidate himself.
Scott also told Fast Company: “In 2008 social media was just a giant microphone where you took a part of the press release and put it on Facebook. Today, platforms are so much more powerful. There’s an advertising component to these platforms, and you can actually engage with hundreds of thousands of people. You have more robust tools on places like Facebook that allow you to create quick events and, inside just Facebook alone, appoint different persons in an organizing channel. It’s more than just experimental.”
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, email@example.com
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA