(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Carlsberg has announced some leadership changes for its operations in this region. The present Managing Director in Malaysia, Henrik Juel Andersen will take on the same position on 1 July 2016 for Lao Brewery Company Ltd (LBC).
Lars Lehmann, aged 49, the current Regional CEO, Western Europe Challenger Markets of the Carlsberg Group, will take over at the helm of Carlsberg Malaysia Group.
Andersen will succeed Kissana Vongsay, the current Managing Director of LBC, who will retire from the daily operations of the country’s leading beer and soft drinks Company in Laos.
Andersen will also be responsible for Carlsberg’s successful joint venture partnership in Cambodia.
“Henrik has delivered excellent results throughout his three years at the Carlsberg Malaysia Group.
“He has grown our business in a challenging macro-environment and delivered excellent shareholder returns.
“He successfully boosted the performance of our premium portfolio brands, restructured the businesses in a way that has delivered strong margin growth and built an empowered senior management team in both Malaysia and Singapore.
“He will be missed by many colleagues and customers alike. The Carlsberg Group is very pleased to have such a seasoned leader to take over our business in Laos, one of the largest businesses in the Carlsberg Group and a crown jewel in our portfolio of companies,” said Graham Fewkes commented, Executive Vice President, Asia, Carlsberg Group.
Chairman of Carlsberg Malaysia Group, Dato’ Lim Say Chong said: “Henrik Juel Andersen has made significant improvements in driving the Malaysia and Singapore operations despite a more challenging operating environment in the last few years.
His foresight and strong industry knowledge have helped the Company to turn challenges into growth opportunities. He led the Malaysia and Singapore operations into sustainable growth in revenue and profits year-on-year.”
“Throughout his 13 years with the Carlsberg Group, Lars Lehmann (picture) has undertaken various senior commercial and general management positions across the Carlsberg Group most recently as regional CEO for Western Europe Challenger markets and Export & License division, with a total turnover of RM 6 billion”, Lim shared about the incoming new MD.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, [email protected]
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.