(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – The leading fully integrated media company in the country, Media Prima has more good news for its audiences and clients. Media Prima Television Networks (MPTN) has announced a whole host of new content and initiatives aimed at ensuring its leadership status in all genres, including the lucrative Chinese and Malay digital landscape.
At its annual Media Prima Television Networks Screenings, the Group revealed its strategy for growing its non-traditional revenue while consolidating its market share in core advertising revenue.
With the theme “More Than Just TV” it was obvious that the Group was offering both interactive and immersive solutions.
MPTN’s Chief Executive Officer, Datuk Kamal Khalid, who acted as emcee told the audience that “Media Prima is not just on your TV – we are on your laptop, PC, tablet, smartphone.
“We are even on your 50-inch Smart TV at home. We are online, we are on apps, and we are on-ground. We are everywhere, we reach everyone. We are more than just TV.”
Datuk Kamal Khalid (second from left) with senior officers of MPTN
With the top local TV channels, TV3 and TV9, viewers will have an array of new hit programmes in their homes.
The Group’s 10 dedicated drama slots collectively reach 5 million viewers daily. And all these programmes drive huge online conversations amongst the millions of followers on social media.
A prime aim of MPTN for this year is to build on its achievements and to continue dominating the mass Malay market. In comes a new slot, Seram Komedi and several international collaborations.
Datuk Kamal remarked: “In addition to reality shows, MPTN also has a full range of top comedy shows…that would enable advertisers to zoom into the dominant Malay market. There are plenty of brand integration opportunities here for our clients”.
Added to all this is MPTN’s partnership with a Korean company, CJ O Shopping Co Ltd that provides the group the opportunity to participate in the Malaysian retail market thereby realising new revenue opportunities for the Group.
With CJ WOW Shop, there is now an exclusive home shopping content across all its TV channels. (www.cjwowshop.com.my)
Through its digital media subsidiary, Media Prima Digital embraces technical innovation, digital solutions and creative strategies.
It offers digital consultancy which encompasses creative solutions, diversified platform services, e-commerce expertise while also being involved in the development and incubation of mobile applications and games.
After revealing MPTN’s 2016 plans, Datuk Kamal Khalid spoke to Marketing Magazine. We asked him why he sounded so excited?
“I sound very excited because I think we have a complete host of initiatives that we can present to the audience and the clients.
“The media landscape has been very fragmented and so for a traditional media player like ourselves this has been a very big challenge to deal with this scene. Our model is very simple…we get as many eye balls as possible and with good eye balls we go to advertisers and brands. So now the choices that are available to them are that much more.
“We have worked hard for a very long time to provide a number of solutions to our clients. I think we are in a good stage at the moment. You talk about digital, Tonton, Studio 8. We have lots of exciting stuff for a wide range of viewers. And we have a link that can be used.
“People have been talking that traditional TV is dying….that’s not true at all. It’s interactive as people want to participate. I think we have a good mix that people are going to be excited about.
“Of course viewing habits have changed and content is important. Viewers have become that much more selective and we have to meet that need. I am confident that we have enough of a range to meet that need.”
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, email@example.com
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Lia
o – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA