(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Publicis Groupe has entered into a first-time partnership with China’s largest internet company and a global advertising group, Tencent.
Tencent is globally known for its popular messaging app WeChat which boasts a user base of 762 million users. The strategic partnership will see the two giants’ collaboration in the following areas:
• Future Capabilities: Publicis Groupe and Tencent will launch a Drugstore’ incubation facility, to nurture future start-ups which will focus on data, ad technology, virtual reality and augmented reality developments.
• Data: Both parties will have access to each other’s online behavioural data, which in turn will benefit their clients with improved programmatic offerings, cross-screen planning capabilities and conversion performance.
• Content: The two companies will partner on the co-creation and co-investment of web native content to drive unique content opportunities and new content models for key clients.
The partnership was inked by SY Lau, Senior Executive Vice President of Tencent and President of Online Media Group and Maurice Levy, Chairman & CEO of Publicis Groupe, at the global tech event, Viva Technology Paris.
“This bold new partnership with Publicis Groupe, the first of its kind across all of our assets, that will lead the global trends and deliver new ways to meet the needs of our clients and business partners.
In parallel, this collaboration will give brands and organizations around the world a better understanding of China’s unique and dynamic mobile Internet development, while creating huge business opportunities associated with this new market.” Shared SY Lau.
“China continues to lead the world in advertising growth especially in digital and mobile and we increasingly see new ideas and technology that leapfrog the West. Tencent is a company that embodies this strive for growth and innovation and we are honored to be their first-ever global partner and look forward to everything we will achieve together for the ultimate benefit of our clients.” Added Maurice.
A 2015 report by China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) showed that nearly 90% of Chinese netizens used their mobile to access the internet, and checked their mobile devices over 50 times a day, some as often as 10 times a minute. According to the report the average Chinese spends more than 26 hours a week online.
WIN the Content Marketing game
For the sixth year running, we are bringing back the famous Best of Global Digital Marketing Conference to KL with a special focus on Content Marketing this year.
Featuring the best case studies
The Best of Global Digital Marketing conference has won popularity in more than 30 cities around the world from Singapore, Moscow, Jakarta, Istanbul to Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Prague, Shanghai, Seoul, etc.
Featuring leading award-winning campaigns covering brands from Sony, Buzzfeed, Dell, BBC, The New York Times, P&G and more.
Speakers with digital domain expertise:
• Hando Sinisalu, CEO at Best Marketing International
• Xaviera Ringeling, CEO at ContentChefs
• Mathias Ihle, Founder & CEO at Makai Europe
• Bikram VaskarGangopadhyay, CEO at ibs – Interface Business Solutions
Unique case-study based learning, as our team monitors over 200 digital marketing award shows across the globe and interviews the winners. Based on this extensive work, we produce in-depth case studies.
Each case study follows the same format:
Date: 19 July, 2015 (Tuesday)
Venue: Eastin Hotel, PJ
Time: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Book your seats early: call Ruby on 03-77262588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is HRDF-Claimable!