(marketingmagazine.com.my) – When Wipro Unza launched Safi Shayla they didn’t want it to be just another shampoo brand on the supermarket shelves, the company intended for the brand to become the voice of ambition amongst Malay women.
Based on the insights that the Malaysian shampoo market has over 100 players, the brand and its agency Ignite KL felt that a narrative for the category had not been developed beyond healthy/beautiful hair, dandruff or smelly hair.
The brand wanted Safi Shayla wanted to go beyond functional benefits. Research suggested that Tudung(Hijab) wearing women missed out on many life opportunities because they suffered from stereotyping like ‘soft’,‘submissive’, ‘not smart to lead’.
This insight led to the idea, Chabaran Shaylanista: Show The World That There Is Nothing That Hijabsters Cannot Do.
Going beyond just TVCs the agency created a digital programme like a reality show aimed at encouraging tudung wearers to bring alive the Hijabster spirit within themselves.
To support the innitiative TVC, Radio, Print & On Ground roving teams were deployed to support the digital programme.
As a result of the Shaylanista campaign the brand achieved a 7.10% market share at a growth rate of 136%.
Check out the full case study for our APPIES Malaysian Gold campaign winner below:
Agency – Ignite KL
Juliana Chua, General Manager
Eldon D’Cruz, Senior Planner
Syahriza Badron, Account Director
Ting Tai Meng, Associate Creative Director
Client – Wipro Unza
Cathy Chew, Senior Marketing Manager
Hayatul Farah, Product Manager
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
• Dato Seri Vida – Founder, Pamoga & Qu Puteh
•Rafiq Razalli – CEO, Media Prima Digital Sdn Bhd
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016