WhatsApp has made a place for ads near its ‘status’ feature
According to an Economic Times report, the messaging service will feature ads next to its Status feature.
WhatApp vice president Chris Daniels who was in New Delhi recently said the ads would provide a primary monetization mode for the company and give businesses a chance to reach people though no time frame was given for the change.
WhatsApp Status was launched early last year as a knockoff of the Stories feature found in Instagram and Snapchat.
The feature which has become even more popular than Snapchat allows you to add a combination of text, photos, and videos to your profile, which are encrypted in the same way as your messages.
Status updates are visible to your contacts for 24 hours before they disappear.
The status feature is something like the stories tool that appears in Instagram and Facebook, as well as WhatsApp.
It allows people to post updates that will appear to all of their friends, letting them share photos or text and then letting it disappear afterwards.
WhatsApp has struggled to come up with ways to show its users ads: without a feed, like Instagram or Facebook, there are few places for them to be injected.
MARKETING’s CMO Conference Returns with a Stellar Line-Up
Last year’s sold out conference is back! BIGGER, BETTER and with a NEW awards show to celebrate Malaysia’s best marketers.
Now in its 7th year, the Chief Marketing Officers Conference is a gathering of trailblazers in the Malaysian Marketing sphere.
With a bold yet relevant theme of ‘Goodbye Marketing, Hello Engagement’ this year’s conference will bring you up to speed with what’s going on in the Malaysian marketplace.
The change makers who will take the stage on the 16th of November include:
• Damien Crittenden, VP Client Strategy, Xaxis
• Ben Mahmud, Head Strategy, Business Dev, Petronas Dagangan Bhd
• Dato’ Dr.Hussamuddin Hj. Yaacub, Chairman CEO & Group MD, Karangkraf Media Group
• Lim Imun, General Manager-Marketing Munchworld
• Juliana Chua, GM of Marketing, Pavilion KL
• Tai Kam Leong, Head of Branding & Partnership, Maxis
• Rishi Pahwa, Head of Marketing, Wipro Ginvera Marketing Ent Sdn Bhd
• Schrene Goh, Head of Marketing (Global Market) Malaysia Airlines
• Kenny Wong, CMO Sunrise Berhad ….and more!
The 7th Malaysian CMO Conference & Awards
Date:16th November 2018
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Sime Darby Convention Centre
For further details on the conference and awards visit: www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2018/conference Or contact Amira/Ruby for further details: 03 7726 2588