Astro Radio has launched two new brands – Zayan and goXUAN for tech-savvy, mobile and socially connected listeners.
Datuk Jake Abdullah, Chief Executive Officer of Astro Radio, says, “Zayan and goXUAN are our latest brands for a new generation of listeners who are trendsetters and influencers in the digital and social media space. In August 2017, over 3 million Malaysians tuned in to their favourite radio via streaming. This makes it crucial for Zayan and goXUAN to be digital-led radio brands for the digital natives to plug in through various interactive platforms to drive talkability and social engagement.”
Zayan is positioned as the first Malaysian radio brand for modern Muslims, and goXUAN is for the Chinese Gen Z trendsetters who are making their mark.
With the addition of these two new brands, Astro Radio now has 11 brands under its portfolio.
For our media number-crunching and marketing savvy readers, here are some highlights from the latest GfK’s Wave 2 Radio Audience Measurement (RAM) 2017 report….
– Radio listenership amongst individuals aged 10 and above in Peninsular Malaysia has reached 19.7 million weekly listeners.
– And 15.4 million, or 78.1%, consume Astro Radio brands, making Astro Radio the operator with the highest number of listeners.
– ERA fm remains the top radio brand in the country bringing in 6.3 million weekly listeners, with Sinar FM coming in second at 4.7 million weekly listeners.
– THR Gegar is the No.1 radio brand in the East Coast with 2.8 million weekly listeners, while hitz fm is the top English brand with 2.1 million weekly listeners.
– In the Chinese segment, MY FM takes the lead with 2.2 million weekly listeners and THR Raaga is the most preferred Tamil radio brand with 1.4 million weekly listener
– In the digital sphere, Astro Radio’s brands have over 14 million social media followers, 16.3 million weekly social media reach and 4.7 million monthly unique web visitors.
Let’s cut to the chase: the Digital Revolution is fuelled by how marketing helps monetise it.
There is no such thing as a free lunch. That’s why game-changing inspiration can always be found
on the front lines of the marketing and media playbook. There’s never been a more exciting time to
be in marketing: e-commerce, personalisation, big data, brand safety, walled gardens and more.
This Conference will show marketers how to take ownership of this future, and how to dance their way through this digital turf war where everyone has an opinion.
Whatever your take on the future… Marketing is the new Sexy!
Date: 16 October, 2017
Venue: Grand Ballroom, Sime Darby Convention Centre Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
Time: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Contact: [email protected]
Download event PDF here.
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.