From Left: Leong Delon, Tournament Director for Million Dollar Feet; Peter de Kretser, Director of Football for Million Dollar Feet; Steve McMahon, Head Coach for Million Dollar Feet; and Mr. Raja Singham, Managing Director for Brickfields Asia College (BAC) fielding questions from reporters at the launch of the Million Dollar Feet initiative.
(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Million Dollar Feet, a platform providing up-and-coming football stars aged 11 to 14 the opportunity to play with top European Clubs launched last Thursday with the backing of top brands.
Presented by Brickfields Asia College, Million Dollar Feet is sponsored by New Balance, Kenny Rogers ROASTERS, 100 Plus, LAC Packaging and Printing Press, and Anita Gifts & Souvenirs in support of EduNation.
Million Dollar Feet will hold open calls at five locations across Malaysia – Penang, Kuantan, Kuching, Johor Bahru and Kuala Lumpur. Following a series of tryouts, drills and intense competition led by Head Coach and former Liverpool Captain Steve McMahon, two of the very best contestants will be rewarded with an all-expenses-paid trip to the United Kingdom.
There, they will audition for scouts and stand a chance to sign and potentially play for a premier European club.
Peter de Kretser, Founder and Director of Football of Million Dollar Feet, shared, “This programme is all about making dreams come true, while putting the country on the world map for football. It’s quite straightforward – your background, race, creed and social status don’t matter here.”
“If these kids have the right calibre and talent, we will give them a chance to shine – simple as that. No politics. No hidden agenda.”
Meanwhile, Steve McMahon, Head Coach of Million Dollar Feet commented, “Malaysia truly can and should thrive in the international football arena. What is needed, however, is a platform to springboard the career of deserving young local talents – and Million Dollar Feet provides exactly that opportunity.”
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
• Dato Seri Vida – Founder, Pamoga & Qu Puteh
• Rafiq Razalli – CEO, Media Prima Digital Sdn Bhd
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, email@example.com
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016