(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – For the past five years, Tony Nagamaiah has been at the forefront of promoting Malaysia in the major events scene as Malaysia Major Events’s (MME) General Manager.
As the head of the division that comes under the Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau (MyCEB), Nagamaiah has travelled the world to bring home some of the world’s largest events, but despite having done so for that long, he is showing no signs of slowing down.
Instead, he is now promoting Malaysia in a new light, with MME’s new tagline “It’s Happening in Malaysia” and hopes to do more in making Malaysia a preferred destination for major events.
“This new tagline is something we have already started incorporating into our marketing and promotional collaterals.
“Our plan is to run it for at least three years and the aim is to promote Malaysia as a place where everything is happening and where travellers want to be.
“Everything here includes major sporting events, high-profile concerts and exciting entertainment events”
Among the major sporting event Malaysia will be hosting include the 2019 IWWF Waterski World Championship and the Asia Pacific Masters Games 2018 in Penang, both a first for Malaysia.
Nagamaiah also has his eyes set on bringing in concerts that are a first for Malaysia, some of which are U2, Coldplay and Cirque Du Soleil.
He expressed hope that these events could be brought in next year to “wow” audiences as Malaysia celebrates its 60th independence.
“We want to make next year’s Merdeka year the year for celebration as we celebrate 60 years of independence.
“We have the SEA Games happening as part of the celebration and we still want to push for more. We also want to boost the wow-factor with some high-end musicals from Broadway as well as the West End.”
Nagamaiah said that with the new branding tagline, MME hopes to also work with more local brands and has started doing so with Malaysia Airlines Berhad (MAB).
It can be said that these are all just the tip of the iceberg in the future of MME, as Nagamaiah is also ambitious about promoting Malaysia as a destination for filming movies.
The country’s natural beauty will be attractive to filmmakers in the Hong Kong, India and the Middle East.
With much in the pipeline for MME, Nagamaiah hopes to keep visitors excited about Malaysia and what it has to offer.
You can follow Malaysia Major Events’ happenings on their website, Facebook and Instagram page.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, [email protected]
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.