(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – webe (formerly Packet One Networks)Telekom Malaysia Berhad’s (TM) newly launched digital mobile service provider, has kicked off its pre-launch marketing campaign ‘850 by webe’ to engage consumers ahead of its commercial launch.
Lai Shu Wei, Chief Marketing Officer, webe said the 850 by webe campaign gives users a taste of the new mobility brand’s philosophy – ‘start here. go anywhere’, even before products are officially launched.
“When we announced webe in April, many were surprised we weren’t launching any plans yet. This was intentional. We want to do things differently – not charge into the market with gigabytes, price plans and contracts. We have no interest in being the “no 5” telco or “just another telco.”
“Today, we’re something entirely different. We want to engage consumers differently – we want members, not customers. And as a brand we want to touch on the communal energy in Malaysia to make positive change happen in Malaysia. This is why we designed the 850 by webe campaign to be centred around not just getting rewards, but giving rewards back to your community,” he added.
The campaign which will run for 7 weeks, kicked off yesterday with an on-ground event in Sunway Pyramid where a maze was built and shoppers were given one minute to scan the QR codes and start winning prizes.
By downloading the webe850 app, users will score points and receive rewards that will be stored on a virtual wallet. By playing games and engaging in activities, consumers will be able to amass a higher number of points, giving them them the opportunity to unlock bigger and better rewards.
A total of RM6 million, worth of prizes are up for grabs, they include a private Island getaway, a private car and chauffeur for a year, a castle stay and a year’s worth of free data.
Agencies which work on the campaign include Grey for creative, m/Six for media and ZenoGroup Malaysia for PR.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, email@example.com
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – G
roup Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA