(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – The Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity has named the 2016 Creative Marketer of the Year recipient as Samsung Electronics.
Terry Savage, Chairman, Lions Festivals, said, “When you look at Samsung’s wins at Cannes Lions, even just last year, what strikes you is the diversity of Lions that they are taking home through their overarching commitment to creativity.
“They’re excelling across the board, including in areas such as healthcare communications, craft and branded content, as well as picking up a Titanium Lion.”
Last year, Samsung took home an awards haul of 27 Lions and over the history of the Festival have totalled 74 Lions for work that has come from 17 countries.
“This award exists to recognise brands that distinguish themselves through the quality of their communications, something that Samsung are doing continually,” continued Savage.
“They inspire the innovative marketing of their products across multiple platforms, as well as embracing and encouraging its agencies to keep creativity at the heart of their brand communications.”
Samsung has recognised the impact its technology has on the lives of consumers and shifted its marketing approach to a more consumer-centric strategy, which focuses on how its products and technologies can create meaning in the lives of consumers.
This philosophy of ‘Meaningful Progress to Enrich Consumers’ Lives’ has been brought to life in many creative campaigns around the globe, with Lion-winning work including ‘Oscar Selfie’, ‘Every Day is Day One’, for the World Surfing League partnership, and the ‘Safety Truck’ campaign, which was awarded a coveted Titanium Lion.
Samsung’s ‘Look at Me’ campaign, planned and executed by Cheil Worldwide, took five Lions in 2015 and demonstrated their customer-centric strategy by creating a mobile app that helps autistic children better interact with other people.
After 8 weeks of testing, it showed that 60% of the tested children with autism had improvement in making eye contact and reading facial expressions.
“At Samsung, we know our products are about experiences – making life easier for consumers around the world.
And we wanted our brand to reflect that vision and honour our heritage of meaningful innovation and defying barriers,” said Younghee Lee, Executive Vice President of Global Marketing, Mobile Communications Business at Samsung Electronics.
“We believe our creative and bold approach to marketing captures that spirit in a unique and creative way.”
Younghee Lee will receive the award on behalf of Samsung Electronics during the final Cannes Lions Awards Ceremony on Saturday 25 June. Further information on the Festival and Awards, including information on how to submit an entry or be there, can be found at www.canneslions.com.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, [email protected]
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategi
c Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Senior Manager, Brand Communications – Corp Communications & Marketing, MDeC
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.