(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – By Malati Siniah
The media industry is becoming more specialised, with new jobs being created as quickly as Google changes its algorithm or Facebook getting its latest update. Agencies need to keep their finger on the pulse of academic institutions to attract fresh graduates with the right skills for the industry.
“Today we are hiring people for job descriptions that never even existed 10 years ago,” Andreas Vogiatzakis, Media Specialists Association’s (MSA) newly appointed President told MARKETING.
Coders, programmatic buyers and planners are some of the new roles now in demand, which media agencies didn’t even think about before this, he observed.
“With the rapid changes in technology, we as an industry need to stay relevant to draw in fresh graduates to join the industry”
He commented that the MSA would intensify their efforts to bridge the gap between academia and the working world.
The industry will be collaborating with more academic institutions to conduct industrial training programmes to bring awareness to the students on the opportunities and the required skills needed by their industry, Andreas shared.
Media veteran, Andreas who is the CEO of Omnicom Media Group Malaysia, has been newly appointed to lead the MSA. Sharing his thoughts on the industry Andreas said:
“This year we stand at the crossroads, with several challenges facing our industry, more than ever before: audience fragmentation, talent shortage, intense price squeezes and demands, a slowly recovering economy, a low consumer sentiment, a new currency in the market, just to name a few.”
“And for these reasons, this is precisely the time when MSA has a critical role to play in order to formulate a future forward vision and adopt values and actions that will move the Malaysian media industry forward and elevate it to an ever greater ground.”
Established in 2003, MSA aims to support media agencies and provides a common platform to discuss and resolve issues facing the industry. It will soon be hosting its annual Malaysian Media Awards (MMA) which is in its 12th year.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, [email protected]
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager
, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.
The APPIES is an annual event that presents a rare opportunity for creative, media, digital and marketing agencies or brands to present their best campaigns to the industry.
This is the only event where Live Presentations meets Live Judging.
Similar to TED Talks, The APPIES is the chance for great presenters with outstanding work to show it off to some of the industry’s most important industry leaders.
This year’s winners will receive Gold, Silver or Bronze trophies for 10 categories, and 7 special Best of Best categories (red trophies) that require no submissions!
Campaign entries must have run between June 2022 to May 2023
For more details visit https://appies.com.my/ or contact Vishnu