(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – By: Malati Siniah
Mattel Southeast Asia has appointed Pink Fong as the company’s new Head of Marketing. In her new role, Pink will oversee Mattel’s marketing function for seven countries including Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore and Cambodia.
Reporting to John O’Rourke, Mattel Southeast Asia’s Country Manager, Pink takes on the role previously held by Meiyin Leong who left the company to join Facebook Malaysia last May.
With over ten years of experience in the marketing industry, Pink was most recently with L’Oreal Malaysia where she spent the last four years as Maybelline’s Marketing Manager. There she kick-started various successful digital initiatives to pursue brand love among new millennial consumers.
In an interview with MARKETING Pink shared her insights on her new industry,
“The toys industry is equally as exciting and trend-driven as the beauty industry. There are many opportunities for marketing innovations that can take shape considering the various changes in consumer behaviour, especially with the rise of the millennial parents.”
“South East Asia is a very sizable market with a 630 million populations that are getting more digitally sophisticated. Millennial moms are increasingly savvy when it comes to digital consumption and having information right at their fingertips is changing their purchasing behaviours.”
Pink added that new insights which showed kids adding more digital time into their daily routine provided marketers with more opportunities to engage with them online.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Albern Murty – CEO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, email@example.com
Download event PDF here