(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Shaun Tay has been appointed to the role of CEO for FCB (Foote, Cone & Belding) in Malaysia replacing T.Renganathan (Nathan), who led the agency for 47 years.
In his new role Shaun will be responsible for both FCB and its boutique agency, Ignite, effective immediately.
A seasoned industry profession, Shaun stepped up as CEO having held the role of Managing Director at the agency for close to a year.
He joined the agency having been with TBWA for close to 9 years and last held the role of General Manager at the agency.
For the past 12 months, the FCB group in Kuala Lumpur has been expanding their agency management, bringing in the industry’s top talents including, Creative Director Alvin Ng and Creative Group Head Alvin Ho, which they announced last July.
In the past months, FCB and Ignite KL has been winning several new business such as Acer and Alpha Home Appliances.
Commenting on the appointment FCB International President Sébastien Desclée said:
“Shaun was hired last year in collaboration with Nathan with the assumption that he would become Nathan’s successor,” Desclée commented.
“Over the last year, Shaun has demonstrated unrivaled passion for the business and has laid strong foundations to build the future of the agency.”
“With such a great plan for transition between Nathan and Shaun, the new management team will ensure a seamless evolution for clients and staff, as well as take this opportunity to more closely align our culture with the network’s successful global vision.
“FCB thanks Nathan, former CEO, for his long service to the network and wishes him the best of luck in all future endeavors.”
FCB is part of the Interpublic Group of Companies and has over 8,000 people in 109 operations in 80 countries.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, [email protected]
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.