(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Media Prima Berhad, Malaysia’s largest integrated media group announced the appointment of Rafiq Razali as the Chief Executive Officer of Media Prima Digital (“MPD”). He assumes his role effective 15 April 2016.
The 31 year old Rafiq, holds a Bachelor of Science (First Class Honours) in Actuarial Science from Pennsylvania State University, United States of America, and has comprehensive experience in business development and strategic planning. His track record includes establishing start-up companies related to digital and information technology.
His career in information technology began with Maxis Berhad where he held various positions that
included responsibilities in the International Data Wholesale division as well as the Corporate Strategy division as an Assistant Specialist.
In 2011, Rafiq joined Groupon Malaysia, as the head of Products and Travel section. Groupon is an e
commerce company based in United States, connecting customers with local merchants in more than 28 countries including Malaysia. He was promoted to Country General Manager for Malaysia in 2013, following an impressive run of performance by the outfit.
In 2015, Rafiq and a group of investors established KFit, a Malaysian start-up company that provides
a mobile application for users to plan their wellness activities such as gym membership, fitness studios and related activities. KFit today boasts 270,000 users in eight countries across Asia Pacific. He was the Vice President and a founding shareholder of KFit.
Dato’ Sri Amrin Awaluddin, Group Managing Director of Media Prima said, “Rafiq’s appointment as
the new Media Prima Digital CEO will provide us with numerous opportunities to introduce more
innovative solutions to fulfil the ever-changing needs of our customers. MPD has been at the forefront of our digital efforts with popular applications such as “tonton” and other online services for the Group’s media platforms. His appointment is also in line with Media Prima’s commitment to further consolidate our position as the largest integrated media group in Malaysia.”
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, firstname.lastname@example.org
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
l; Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
•Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA