(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – The Lucozade Sport “Fuel Your Performance” Campaign got off to an energetic start recently at its first running clinic with Pacesetters Athletic Club, SMART Athletics Club and Tadonamo Triathletes.
The exclusive event was the latest in a series of campaign activities designed to engage with Malaysian runners and an ongoing effort to bring its scientifically-proven formula to more than 1 million Malaysians through ground-level events and sponsorship of popular events such as the recent Reebok Spartan Race.
Participants had the opportunity to learn from seasoned runner Edan Syah and exercise & sports nutritionist Dr Mahenderan Appukutty, Faculty of Sports Science and Recreation from Universiti Teknologi MARA who shared their experience on training and nutrition for sports enthusiasts.
“Helping dedicated athletes to achieve their performance goals is an important brand value for Lucozade Sport™.
By supporting accomplished athletes and inspiring others to achieve their own dreams, we are sharing resources, skills and knowledge that encourage Malaysians to lead more active lives,” said Lee Hon Tong, Regional General Manager, Suntory Beverage & Food Malaysia, Singapore & Hong Kong.
“We embarked on this campaign to reach out to Malaysian citizen athletes from all walks of life and our ‘Fuel Your Performance’ Advocates are exceptional individuals who have accomplished many goals in addition to the demands of work and family.
“They serve as inspirational role models for aspiring runners to kick-start their own dream, because they are living proof that dreams can indeed become a reality.”
In addition to sharing his personal training strategy, Edan also said, “It has taken me eight years and nine marathons for me to realise my true potential as a runner – it’s a long process but I believe it’s never too late to start as long as you’re willing to train hard.By sharing my experiences and life lessons from being a ‘citizen runner’, I hope to inspire the younger generation and see Malaysian marathoners in the 2020 Olympics!”
As April is also celebrated as Nutrition Month Malaysia with the tagline ‘Eat Smart, Get Fit & Feel Great’, the clinic was also a fitting opportunity to stress the importance of eating right for energy and performance.
“High-performance athletes require a dietary plan that’s tailored to support and enhance their training. This includes consuming an appropriate amount of protein to help to build, maintain and repair muscle tissue.
“Hydration and energy are also essential factors for runners as stores of carbohydrates in the body get used up,” explained Dr Mahenderan as he provided structured guidelines designed to help participants fuel their runs with the right nutrition and hydration.
To maintain consistent energy levels, approximately 30-60g of carbohydrates are needed every hour – this would be equivalent to 1-2 bottles of Lucozade Sport™ for each hour of racing.
Its science-based formulation of electrolytes and carbohydrates is specifically designed provide enhanced hydration to fuel athletes during prolonged exercise.
A trusted brand since 1927, Lucozade Sport continues to hydrate and engage with Malaysian athletes at high-profile sporting events. Find out more about the ‘Fuel Your Performance’ campaign at www.lucozadesport.com or www.youtube.com/lucozade.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, email@example.com
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA