(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – The last two months have been most eventful for the Malaysian marketing communications industry. This issue of MARKETING journeys though the awards festival, the latest Global IBM CMO Study, a take on Big Data, innovative new advertising formats in outdoor and landmarks, and more…
Cover Story: The MPRN Radio Story
At 40-something, he sits at the helm of a growing network of radio stations that have won their fair share of listeners. Seelan himself began his career as an ‘announcer’ – a term that has been resurrected of late – no longer do you have DJs. Why? Because there are no discs to be played, and the individual has taken a back seat, it’s the audience who determines the type of music to be aired.….
Big Data and the rise of Netflix
Over the past decade there has been endless chatter followed by bottomless presentation decks and subsequent consternation concerning how to capture customer data, perform expedient analysis, and make use of it to an efficacious end….
Advertising hits Rooftops
They say necessity is the ‘mother of invention’ ….even if it takes you to the rooftops. Shell saw the innovation in a roof-top idea and became the pioneering marketer to use this new advertising option, with more in the offing…
National Sports Complex takes shape as marketing landmark
Every nation provides pride of place to its National Stadium, for not only is it the sports avenue, but that for national events as well.….this is a story of how landmarks can become marketing icons…
Product of the Year Malaysia enters third year!
Now in its third year, the Product of the Year (POY) concept is taking root with more than 22 categories in the running for the most innovative products in Malaysia in 2015…
Campaign Showcase: Beyond Utility by Lexus
A case-study by Best Marketing International on a global brand that is reinventing itself with 1,000 thirty-seconds ads!
Trust in Advertising Survey
A global study by Nielsen throws up some alarming facts about the industry that we have taken for granted…
To subscribe for your personal issue of MARKETING magazine, call 03-7726 2588 or email [email protected]
For the iPad edition, visit http://www.magzter.com/MY/…./Marketing_Magazine/Business/
To advertise, call Jarrod on +6018-220 0682 or email [email protected]
MARKETING is Malaysia’s Number 1 industry magazine for the marketing communications industry and is read by 30,000 readers who are affluent advertising, media and marketing decision makers nationwide. It is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in all facets of marketing communications and serves as an observatory of the marketplace for ideas, insights and inspiration that can enhance brand strategies.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, [email protected]
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
ll; Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.