(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – The Gunn Report has released Cases for Creativity 2015, a round-up of the campaigns that have achieved the “Holy Grail” in advertising by winning both a Cannes Gold Lion for creativity and a Gold Effie award for effectiveness.
Cases for Creativity is a yearly study by James Hurman, author and founder of innovation consultancy ‘Previously Unavailable’.
Representing the high watermark of advertising achievement, 17 campaigns have accomplished such a feat in 2015.
Their common theme demonstrating that more than ever, ideas that get shared socially are the ones that are winning big in terms of both effectiveness and creativity.
“There are two distinct types of campaigns that tend to be shared. Firstly, campaigns that put the brand in the service of a social cause or purpose; and secondly, where creative efforts are ‘actions’ more than ‘words’, with the brand saying less and doing more,” comments James Hurman. “Brands are being ever-more inventive as they seek to do some good in the world.”
“2015 gave us 17 Cases for Creativity. Back in 2012 there were just 9. In 2013 and 2014 there were 12 apiece. Creativity’s effectiveness is growing over time, and I hope these new cases spur on more creative and effective work this year,” added James Hurman.
The Cases for Creativity 2015 are:
1. “#LikeAGirl” for Always by Leo Burnett Toronto, London & Chicago
2. “Abla Fahita” for CBC by J. Walter Thompson Cairo, Egypt
3. “Bald Cartoons” for GRAACC by Ogilvy São Paulo, Brazil
4. “Give Mom Back Her Name” for UN Women by Impact BBDO Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5. “Greatness Awaits” for Sony Playstation by BBH New York, USA
6. “I Will What I Want” for Under Armour by Droga5 New York, USA
7. “If We Made It” for Newcastle Brown Ale by Droga5 New York, USA
8. “Inglorious Fruits & Vegetables” for Intermarché by Marcel Paris, France
9. “Kan Khajura Tesan” for Unilever by MullenLowe Group, Mumbai
10. “Not A Bug Splat” for Reprieve Foundation by BBDO Lahore, Pakistan
11. “Penny The Pirate” for OPSM by Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney, Australia
12. “Between Us Red Light App” for Vodafone by Y&R Team Red Istanbul, Turkey
13. “Rice Code” for Inakadate Village by Hakuhodo Tokyo, Japan
14. “Smellcome To Manhood” for Old Spice by Wieden+Kennedy Portland, USA
15. “The Salt You Can See” for Fundacion Favaloro by Grey Buenos Aires, Argentina
16. “The Scarecrow” for Chipotle by Creative Artists Agency Los Angeles, USA
17. “This Is Wholesome” for Honey Maid by Droga5 New York, USA
To view in full The Gunn Report’s Cases for Creativity 2015 study visit www.gunnreport.com
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.