(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – In January this year, Saatchi & Saatchi Malaysia was appointed the communications partner for Mini.
The agency recently handled the launch of the new MINI Clubman campaign involving two web films ‘Hit Chaser’ and ‘Things Maker’.
The campaign delved deep into the lives of some of the more inspired youths in Malaysia and created two engaging stories about a purposeful existence, built on passion and perseverance.
The stories parallel the epic qualities of the MINI Clubman.
Sathi Anand, Executive Creative Director of Saatchi & Saatchi Malaysia explains, “This campaign gave us the chance to collaborate with young people who have the knack for the unusual.There is this great movement of collective consciousness at the moment, through various independent, unconventional pursuits. We are thrilled to be able to bring that to light via a brand that has been an icon over the years. The idea ‘Go With Your Gut’ allowed us to immerse ourselves in modern Malaysia and celebrate the endeavours of a growing group of young, energetic urban Malaysians, known as the Creative Class.”
‘Hit Chaser’ is about believing in something; even the odds can’t stop you from achieving your dreams. This film is about John O, lead vocal of hit band Paperplane Pursuit, who challenged the norm in pursuit of his passion.
‘Things Maker’ talks about taking that leap of faith. This is the story of Gurpreet, founder of Biji-biji Initiative, who defied convention to achieve his dream of making the world a better place.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, [email protected]
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Man
ager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.