Film done by BBDO and Dan Khoo Productions to promote the grand prize
(marketingmagazine.com.my) – By: Malati Siniah
Guardian Malaysia went big for its 49th anniversary and National Day campaign by giving away a dream home worth RM498,000, 16,666 Air Asia Big Points, Kuvings Slow Juicers, and various other attractive prizes.
The campaign is the brand’s biggest one to date and according to Shirley New Swee Fun, Guardian’s Senior Manager, Marketing & Promotions it was the perfect time for them to run such a big giveaway.
“This year, with all the public discussions about rising prices and the affordability of residential property, we felt it is timely to give back to the community we serve in,” Shirley told MARKETING.
Shirley added that their ‘Double Celebration’ campaign was the brand’s way of giving back and thanking their customers.
The campaign launched on July 28th and will run for two months with promotions running on its social media platforms, print ads, in-store activations and influencer engagement. Main participating brands in the campaign include Bio-essence, Hada Labo, L’Oreal, Maybelline, Nutox and Sunsilk.
How to enter the contest.
The contest also marked another first for Guardian as they decided to give customers an option to not only send in their entries in-store but also digitally on Guardian’s Line App and microsite (www.guardian.com.my/winahouse/)
This move according to Shirley was to capture the attention of their new generation of digitally savvy customers. She added that the responses to their contest so far has been very engaging, achieving 20% more entries than what they have forecasted.
Agencies involved in the ‘Double Celebration’ campaign are BBDO, IdotYou and Mindshare.
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016