Media Prima, who is holding the reins?
Things aren’t the same at Media Prima Bhd at least not in terms of perception. Where the group was always associated with Umno before, the last six months have seen a lot of changes.
UMNO no longer plays the puppet master to the media group after the Barisan Nasional government was toppled on May 9 in the general election.
Though UMNO still holds a 19% stake in Media Prima it no longer has any political clout which means no more government contracts and funds being pumped into the company.
Taking cognisance of the changes, sources say the political party may exit Media Prima if it gets a good deal.
Towards this end, it is notable that Tun Daim Zainuddin, who ran Media Prima in the 1980s, recently denied that he is looking to take control of the media company once again.
He was reported as saying that while Umno is looking to sell its stake in Media Prima, he was not interested in controlling a media empire again.
Despite this there have been rumours that parties close to Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) are keen on taking control of Media Prima.
MARKETING’s CMO Conference Returns with a Stellar Line-Up
Last year’s sold out conference is back! BIGGER, BETTER and with a NEW awards show to celebrate Malaysia’s best marketers.
Now in its 7th year, the Chief Marketing Officers Conference is a gathering of trailblazers in the Malaysian Marketing sphere.
With a bold yet relevant theme of ‘Goodbye Marketing, Hello Engagement’ this year’s conference will bring you up to speed with what’s going on in the Malaysian marketplace.
The change makers who will take the stage on the 16th of November include:
• Damien Crittenden, VP Client Strategy, Xaxis
• Ben Mahmud, Head Strategy, Business Dev, Petronas Dagangan Bhd
• Dato’ Dr.Hussamuddin Hj. Yaacub, Chairman CEO & Group MD, Karangkraf Media Group
• Lim Imun, General Manager-Marketing Munchworld
• Juliana Chua, GM of Marketing, Pavilion KL
• Tai Kam Leong, Head of Branding & Partnership, Maxis
• Rishi Pahwa, Head of Marketing, Wipro Ginvera Marketing Ent Sdn Bhd
• Schrene Goh, Head of Marketing (Global Market) Malaysia Airlines
• Kenny Wong, CMO Sunrise Berhad ….and more!
The 7th Malaysian CMO Conference & Awards
Date:16th November 2018
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Sime Darby Convention Centre
For further details on the conference and awards visit: www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2018/conference Or contact Amira/Ruby for further details: 03 7726 2588
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.