(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – While stateless children are often seen as non-existent in the eyes of the law, Voice of the Children, a non-governmental children’s organization, and Geometry Global aims to shed some light on this issue through their latest, ‘Bring to Light’ campaign.
According to Sharmila Sekaran, President of Voice of the Children, there are an estimated 50,000 to 150,000 unregistered children in Malaysia. Due to their lack of documentation, these children are denied access to education, healthcare and protection under the law, which leaves them vulnerable to poverty, violation, exploitation and trafficking.
“The ultimate goal of this campaign is to reduce the number of stateless children in Malaysia and to raise awareness on the need for birth registration. Parents need to be aware that children may risk becoming stateless if they are not registered at birth,” said Sharmila at the campaign’s event launch.
To communicate this message and symbolize the cause, Voice of the Children worked with Geometry Global to design a pledge in the form of an electronic canvas.
Using a special pen containing conductive ink, those who attended the campaign launch were asked to sign their names on a black canvas, in solidarity with the cause. Their signature enabled the face of the stateless child shine out of the black canvas.
The children’s portraits, which were illuminated by LED lights were auctioned off at the launch, with its proceeds going to fund the organization’s effort in getting stateless children registered and on the path to citizenship.
View the event video here:
To pledge your support to the ‘Bring to Light’ campaign visit www.bring2light.net. Your signature will highlight a portrait of a stateless child which you can then share on Facebook, to bring more awareness to this issue.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, email@example.com
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
Voice of the Children and Geometry Global brings light to an important issue