(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Did you know:
• Malaysia is among the 33 countries which had the highest road deaths at 23.8 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants in 2014. (World average of 18 to 100,000 people.) – Paris-based International Transport Forum (ITF) 2015
• Malaysia ranked the third in road fatalities per billion kilometres driven with the risk of dying in a road accident being 17.7 deaths. – ITF 2015
• Malaysia records an average of 6000 to 7000 deaths annually, leading to around RM8 billion in losses to the country. -Malaysia Road Safety Department Director General, Abdul Ghafar Yusof
Based on these insights MINI and Saatchi & Saatchi Malaysia came up with a solution that tapped into the behaviour of road drivers, to initiate positive change.
The “Flash Light. Save Life” campaign was inspired by how ‘dads and uncles used to alert drivers on the other side of the road about police roadblocks, by flashing their headlights at them’ shared Sathi Anand, Executive Creative Director of Saatchi & Saatchi Malaysia.
“We figured this action could be manipulated into something bigger, more relevant and purposeful in this day and age.” added Sathi.
To convey the message they created a team of their own Safety Drivers and dispatched them to some of the most dangerous stretches of Malaysian highways.
On dangerous routes, the safety drivers flashed their headlights to oncoming cars. This action caused the drivers to immediately slow down their vehicles, navigating their drive safely.
The initiative was recorded with hopes that more driver who saw it would adopt this simple act of intervention more regularly.
Sathi shared with MARKETING that the campaign would continue on throughout the school holidays and Raya festive season. The second run of the execution is planned for the upcoming festive season, with clients looking to track the effectiveness of the initiative.
“Festive season and school holidays is the period when we have the most number of cars on the highways. In our fast paced world today, people are rushing to and from their holiday destinations, without really paying much attention to their speed. The right intervention at the right time can save lives” Sathi added.
WIN the Content Marketing game
For the sixth year running, we are bringing back the famous Best of Global Digital Marketing Conference to KL with a special focus on Content Marketing this year.
Featuring the best case studies
The Best of Global Digital Marketing conference has won popularity in more than 30 cities around the world from Singapore, Moscow, Jakarta, Istanbul to Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Prague, Shanghai, Seoul, etc.
Featuring leading award-winning campaigns covering brands from Sony, Buzzfeed, Dell, BBC, The New York Times, P&G and more.
Speakers with digital domain expertise:
• Hando Sinisalu CEO at Best Marketing International
• Xaviera Ringeling, CEO at ContentChefs
• Mathias Ihle, Founder & CEO at Makai Europe
• Bikram Vaskar Gangopadhyay, CEO at ibs – Interface Business Solutions
Unique case-study based learning, as our team monitors over 200 digital marketing award shows across
the globe and interviews the winners. Based on this extensive work, we produce in-depth case studies.
Each case study follows the same format:
Date: 19 July, 2015 (Tuesday)
Venue: Eastin Hotel, PJ
Time: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Book your seats early: call Ruby on 03-77262588 or email [email protected]
This event is HRDF-Claimable!
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.