(marketingmagazine.com.my) – Media Prima Labs (MP Labs) is determined to establish itself as a serious player in the apps and games industry by conducting several headline and side events at the LEVEL UP KL 2016, a five-day event for game developers organized by Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC). LEVEL UP KL is one of South East Asia’s premier event which had an inaugural success last year. It will take place from 5 to 9 November at InterContinental Kuala Lumpur.
Their events are:
- GAME JAM @ Makespace, Quill City Mall, Kuala Lumpur (5 – 6 November)
After the successful ‘hacking’ of Ejen Ali, culminating in two versions of the game – Ejen Ali: M.A.T.A Training Academy and Ejen Ali: Emergency – and an amazing collective 700,000 downloads since April, MP Labs is looking to unearth its next mobile game success story at Level Up KL 2016 via Game Jam.
The 36-hour hackathon will take place at Make Space, Quill City Mall with 99 registered participants from Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Poland, Egypt, the Philippines, Singapore and Malaysia.
- PROJECT MATCHING INDIE @ InterContinental KL (8 – 9 November)
An opportunity for indie programmers, illustrators/artists/designers and developers to connect and explore areas of possible collaboration. If you’re interested to be part of this matching session, drop an email at email@example.com .
- SIDE EVENT: MOBILE GAME COMMERCIALISATION @ InterContinental KL (9 November)
An exclusive two-hour sharing session, 9am – 12pm, featuring several industry experts, namely Streamline Studios and AppAnnie . Media Prima clients, agencies and partners who would like to attend this free session can RSVP their spots via https://mplabs-levelupkl2016.eventbrite.com by 4 November.
“It’s an exciting time for the region’s game industry as we have been seeing significant growth over the past few years and with Malaysia playing a leading role in this growth, LEVEL UP KL serves as a beacon to draw in the best talents from around the world to share their know-hows with our local heroes. We hope to inspire more talents to get into games development and bring out the best of Southeast Asia”, quipped Hasnul Hadi Samsudin, Director of Creative Content and Technology Division at MDEC.
Will you Sink or Swim in 2017?
Back in its 12th year, the Malaysian Media Conference is set to take a deep dive into the world of DATALYTICS!
From understanding data touchpoints and improving customer experience to how brands and agencies can fuse data with their creative executions.
Look forward to a full day of case studies and real-market experiences from the following speakers:
• Linda Hassan, Head of Marketing – Domino’s Pizza Malaysia & Singapore
• Rahul Thappa, Vice President of Data Analytics, Astro
• Sujith Rao, Senior Director – Digital Analytics at IPG Mediabrands
• Chan Woei Hern, Executive Creative Director, EnsembleWW
• Bala Pomaleh, CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Teeradet Dumrongbhalasitr- Head of Commercial, Asia Pacific Dunnhumby
• Anser Aly – Senior Global Brand Manager, Unilever Asia
• Lars Setsaa – Head of Revenue Management and Analytics – Digi Telecommunications
Those are just the tip of the iceberg, on the MMC stage, you will also hear latest innovations from Twitter, Unilever and more!
Download the full programme here
Date: 14 November 2016
Time: 08:30am – 06:00pm
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Sime Darby Convention Centre Bukit Kiara
Interested in joining or sponsoring the event? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org