(marketingmagazine.com.my) – Eurosport, has recently secured the exclusive rights to air the EFL Cup 2016/17 in Malaysia and Brunei on Astro. The agreement includes the rights to the remaining 11 matches featuring a match-up between the qualifying teams.
Airing from 26 October, Round Four will see Malaysia’s favourites ; eight-time winners Liverpool drawn against Tottenham Hotspur ; Manchester United will host rivals Manchester City at Old Trafford ; while Chelsea travels to West Ham in the London derby.
Louis Boswell, General Manager of Southeast Asia, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, said, “We are thrilled to bring back the EFL Cup exclusively to Malaysian fans, a country with an undying passion for football. Enjoyed by millions of people around the world, today’s announcement guarantees Malaysian football fans the return of this world-class tournament. Together with Astro, the agreement further marks our continued investment in building our sports portfolio in Southeast Asia, where we present high quality sports and fuel the passion of fans across the region.”
The series will be broadcasted on Eurosport (Astro Channel 814), Astro SuperSport (Channel 831 HD /810) as well as Astro on the Go. The 2016/17 fixtures for the EFL Cup are as follows:
• Round Four: 26-27 October 2016
• Quarterfinal: 30 November-1 December 2016
• Semifinal (First Leg): 11-12 January 2017
• Semifinal (Second Leg): 25-26 January 2017
• Final: 26 February 2017
Launched in 1960, the EFL Cup features 92 clubs from the EFL and Premier League in a straight knock-out format across seven rounds, with the semi-finals being played over two legs. Premier League clubs enter the competition in Round Two with clubs that have qualified for the Champions League or Europa League joining in Round Three. The competition culminates in a final at Wembley Stadium, with the winner qualifying for the subsequent season’s Europa League.
Will you Sink or Swim in 2017?
Back in its 12th year, the Malaysian Media Conference is set to take a deep dive into the world of DATALYTICS!
From understanding data touchpoints and improving customer experience to how brands and agencies can fuse data with their creative executions.
Look forward to a full day of case studies and real-market experiences from the following speakers:
• Linda Hassan, Head of Marketing – Domino’s Pizza Malaysia & Singapore
• Rahul Thappa, Vice President of Data Analytics, Astro
• Sujith Rao, Senior Director – Digital Analytics at IPG Mediabrands
• Chan Woei Hern, Executive Creative Director, EnsembleWW
• Bala Pomaleh, CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Teeradet Dumrongbhalasitr- Head of Commercial, Asia Pacific Dunnhumby
• Anser Aly – Senior Global Brand Manager, Unilever Asia
• Lars Setsaa – Head of Revenue Management and Analytics – Digi Telecommunications
Those are just the tip of the iceberg, on the MMC stage, you will also hear latest innovations from Twitter, Unilever and more!
Download the full programme here
Date: 14 November 2016
Time: 08:30am – 06:00pm
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Sime Darby Convention Centre Bukit Kiara
Interested in joining or sponsoring the event? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org