50 teams of eager and hungry marketing communications professionals in Malaysia came for the special briefings for the Young Spikes Malaysia 2019 competitions last week at Taylor’s University, Lakeside campus.
From thereon, it was a feverish race to meet the deadlines across 4 categories: Media, Digital and PR (24 hours) and Integrated (48 hours).
The Young Spikes Malaysia competitions offer creative, marketing, media, PR and digital communications professionals under 30 a unique chance to win recognition in their industry in Malaysia and across the Asia Pacific.
Gold winning teams get to go to Spikes Asia in Singapore in late Sept to compete on the AsiaPacific stage with flights and accommodation provided, including contestant passes.
Teams of two, under the age of 30, answered briefs set by AirAsia, Pizza Hut and unifi which were presented by the clients in person followed by a robust Q&A session with participants.
It was encouraging to see our young talents really give their best to each assignment. Leading agencies and marketing companies sent in their young ones to give them an opportunity to shine in the industry plus earn a chance to rule the AsiaPacific stage.
All Gold, Silver and Bronze winners for Integrated, Media and Digital categories also get exclusive all-expenses-paid passes to turn their ideas alive at Astro’s Reconnect Camp on 24-25 August 2019 at Cyberview Lodge Resort & Spa!
All participants who do not win Gold, Silver, and Bronze, will receive a special personalised Young Spikes Malaysia 2019 Certificate of Participation for their portfolio and safe keeping.
Young Spikes Malaysia Judges this year were:
• Alvin Teoh – Group Creative Director, NagaDDB
• Liew Wai Fun – Head of Brand & Marcom, AirAsia BIG
• Lai Shu Wei – Vice President, unifi Marketing & Communications
• Gigi Lee – Chief Creative Officer, TBWA Group Malaysia
• Angelica Wong – Marketing Manager, AirAsia.com
• Emir Shafri – Executive Creative Director, Publicis Malaysia
• Santharuban T Sundaram – Senior VP, Marketing & Alternate Business, Etika Holdings
• TH Chong – Group Director, Astro Media Sales
• Leong Diyao – Head of Co-brand Cards, AirAsia
• Chan Woei Hern – Executive Creative Director, ensemble
• Emily Chong – Deputy GM, Pizza Hut Marketing
• Melissa Jailani – Marketing Manager, AirAsia BIG
Winners will be announced and celebrated next Wednesday, August 14 at Taylor’s University, Lakeside campus at 6 pm.
Meet all our sponsors and supporters here.
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.