The Search Is On…E50 Is Back!

e50 thumb

( – SME Corp. Malaysia has officially launched its prestigious annual award programme, Enterprise 50 or better known as E50 for this year.

The programme recognises the achievements of 50 enterprising home-grown SMEs with high potential that are well-positioned for the future.

It also promotes greater pursuit of excellence amongst local enterprises.

Marking its 19th year, Enterprise 50 is being supported by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) and is jointly organised by SME Corp. Malaysia and Deloitte Malaysia, with the support from Malaysian Industrial Development Finance Berhad (MIDF), RHB Bank Berhad, Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM), Media Prima Berhad, Business Times and Malaysia SME.

Since its inception in 1997, the E50 Award Programme has been acknowledged by industries as a prestigious and coveted Award that symbolises achievements in business and entrepreneurship.

The Award has been successful in promoting and showcasing competitive and resilient enterprises, capable of facing global challenges in the true entrepreneurial spirit as well as enhance the visibility of companies.

This year’s E50 has never been so significant to signify the resilient of SMEs in achieving success despite the domestic economic reforms.

To date, the Programme has attracted a total of 1,854 participants and has established a fraternity of 621 companies.

From the past E50 winners, a total of 60 companies have been listed, with almost 77% of companies on the Malaysia Bourse and remaining 23% companies on the ACE Market (formerly known as MESDAQ) which adds to the prestige of the Award.

In addition, the winners of the E50 Award will also automatically gain entry to other award programmes, including the Industry Excellence Award and the National Productivity Award.

For this year, companies need to submit their information via completed nomination forms before the closing date on 5 June 2016. To be eligible, companies must:
• fulfill the definition of SMEs and locally incorporated with at least 40% local equity;
• fulfill rating of 4 star & above from SCORE;
• not listed on any Malaysia Bourse, including ACE Market;
• have 3 years audited financial records.

For further information about E50 Award Programme, kindly visit


From left: Mr. Tan Theng Hooi – Country Managing Partner (Deloitte Malaysia), Tan Sri Ir. (Dr.) Mohamed.
Al Amin – Chairman of SME Corp. Malaysia, Dato’ (Dr.) Hafsah Hashim – CEO of SME Corp. Malaysia

appiesmalaysiasignoffEnter the prestigious APPIES Malaysia Marketing Awards today!

Known as the ‘TED for Marketing’, campaign entries are presented by their brand marketers or campaign creators in an interactive format comprising of a 4-minute creative reel summarising the overall marketing campaign, followed by a 6-minute oral presentation highlighting significant aspects of the campaign, and finally a Q&A with the audience.

Entrant campaigns must have run between 1 January 2015 and 29 February 2016 in any of these categories:

1. Consumer Durables

2. Consumer Services

3. Food and Beverage

4. Non-food FMCG

5. Business Services

6. Government, Cultural, Social and Environmental campaigns.

Top brands including P&G, Mondelez International, Coca-Cola, Google, IKEA, IBM,
Unilever, Amazon, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts and Asia Pacific Breweries have
all won at the APPIES over the years. Will your Brand or Agency be next?

Download details and your Entry Kit here:

Closing Date: 31 March, 2016

All entries are to be submitted to [email protected] via file transfer protocol.


MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.

The APPIES is an annual event that presents a rare opportunity for creative, media, digital and marketing agencies or brands to present their best campaigns to the industry.

This is the only event where Live Presentations meets Live Judging.

Similar to TED Talks, The APPIES is the chance for great presenters with outstanding work to show it off to some of the industry’s most important industry leaders.

This year’s winners will receive Gold, Silver or Bronze trophies for 21 categories, and 6 special Best of Best categories (red trophies) that require no submissions!

Campaign entries must have run between June 2023 to May 2024

Submissions Deadline
30th June 2024

APPIES Festival – Judging & Presentations
11th – 12th July 2024 (Malaysia)


Download Event PDF
Submit Entries Here

Subscribe to our Telegram channel for the latest updates in the marketing and advertising scene