(marketingmagazine.com.my)- By: Malati Siniah
Innocent citizens of a tiny town in Switzerland were recently terrorised by a human-sized Pokemon throwing giant ‘Pokeballs’ at them.
Pikachu fights back
Part of a marketing gambit to promote Basel, a city in Switzerland, the video featuring four giant Pikachus chasing after citizens of Basel in the city’s key locations, garnered 4 million views on YouTube and over 92 million views on the city’s official Facebook page.
The video then directs viewers to the city’s website which highlights Basel’s Pokestops, Pokemon Go events and promotions.
You can view the promotions for yourself here https://www.basel.com/en/Pokemon
According to Adweek, Basel’s tourism board together with its digital marketing agency Fadeout worked on the campaign to attract more young travellers to the city.
This is one creative tourism ad. Could you see this being done in Malaysia?
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
• Dato Seri Vida – Founder, Pamoga & Qu Puteh
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016