(marketingmagazine.com.my) – By Malati Siniah
It was a bittersweet weekend for Malaysia with the badminton team coming so close to bagging the country’s first Olympic Gold medal.
Regardless, the nation had plenty to celebrate with the Malaysian contingent bringing home a total of 5 medals – the most it had ever won at the Olympic Games.
Brands were quick to celebrate the victory of our local Olympians and here are some of the messages that stood out.
As the official sponsor of the Olympic Games, Samsung had a free reign to align their brand to the games. The brand used Datuk Lee Chong Wei as their main hero for their #stopatnothing Olympic campaign launched earlier this month.
As an extension to the campaign, the brand took up a congratulatory ad in major dailies which also promoted their Galaxy S7 edge.
Always quick to respond, Nando’s did not disappoint launching a series of creative lines on their Facebook page throughout the weekend, in response to the match. Their copy responding to Chong Wei’s win over Lin Dan stood out from the rest receiving over 800 shares.
Local daily NST reposted their creative tribute to Malaysia’s Olympic winners onto their social media platforms. Gaining positive feedback from the public the post received over 12,000 shares and 10,000 likes on NST’s Facebook channel.
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
• Dato Seri Vida – Founder, Pamoga & Qu Puteh
•Rafiq Razalli – CEO, Media Prima Digital Sdn Bhd
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, [email protected]
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.