One of the website’s acquired by REV Asia, Viralcham (www.viralcham.com)
(marketingmagazine.com.my) – REV Asia Group has made its first step into the online Chinese audience segment by acquiring two Chinese social news and content websites owned by Netnion Technology.
The two websites Viralcham (www.viralcham.com) and Rojaklah (www.rojaklah.com) features trending lifestyle and entertainment news from Malaysia, Hong Kong, China and Hollywood.
The two website have a strong online following and are ranked as the Top 20 websites visited by Malaysian Internet users, according to Internet analytics provider, ComScore.
Google Analytics reports approximately 18.4 million page views and 3.6 million Unique Visitors on the websites for the month of June 2016; capturing 53% of the total Chinese population in Malaysia. Malaysia has a total Chinese population of approximately 6.8 million people (source)
Voon Tze Khay, General Manager of REV Asia shared,
“Viralcham and Rojaklah are one of Malaysia’s fastest growing websites and has a tremendous opportunity to grow further within REV Asia Group’s businesses. We are very excited to work conjointly with the Viralcham and Rojaklah team to take this already amazing business to the next level.”
“Both websites have an SME content offering within the Klang Valley; and with the injection of REV Asia Group’s operational structure, these offerings will be expanded to key market centres in Malaysia. We will also be developing a full suite of sponsored content offerings to MNC brands which the sales team of Netnion Technology previously did not have access to.”
Tze Khay added that REV Asia Group’s social media distribution platform in 8Share and the introduction of sponsored content would contribute towards the company capturing Malaysia’s rapidly growing content marketing spend.
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, [email protected]
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.