Tan Sri Rafidah binti Aziz, Sanjay Bhasin, CEO of Y&R South East Asia, and Lisa Hezila, Managing Director of Y&R Malaysia with the winners of Malaysia’s Strongest Brands Awards.
(Marketingmagazine.com.my)- Over 20 brands were awarded the title of ‘Malaysia’s Strongest Brands’ at the inaugural Malaysia’s Strongest Brands Award 2016 which was hosted by Y&R Malaysia.
Winners were chosen based on the BrandAsset Valuator (BAV) Malaysia Study 2016, conducted by Y&R Malaysia, which looked at merit and detailed data collection of over 900 brands in Malaysia. The awards recognized the strongest brands in Malaysia across 10 categories including Banking, Insurance and Telecommunications.
Winning brands that clinched the award included:
• Banking – HSBC and CIMB.
• Insurance – Prudential and Great Eastern.
• Infrastructure and Property – OSK property and Sunway.
• Automotive – Mercedes and Honda.
• Telecommunications – U Mobile and Celcom.
• Beauty – Simplysiti and Nivea.
• Broadcast – Astro and Media Prima.
• Beverages – 100 Plus and Marigold Peel Fresh.
• Food – Indo Mie and KFC.
• Retail – Pavillion and KK Mart.
Apart from those listed above 3 brands were recognised for iconic status within their respective categories.
Facebook for defining the Internet category, the People category went to Dato’ Lee Chong Wei for his status as Malaysia’s premier sportsman and finally Malaysia was given due recognition for its country brand; in a collaboration between BAV and the Wharton Business School, Malaysia ranked 28 out of 60 countries in the ‘Best Of’ study.
Yang Berbahagia Tan Sri Rafidah Aziz, the Guest of Honour who launched the inaugural awards shared, “This tool undeniably proves that brands in Malaysia are stronger than ever, putting them on par with global-level brands. This shows that Malaysia is as much an important market for these brands as other countries around the world; we have become a global asset in our own right.”
“The BAV Malaysia study 2016 which derived the winners for the awards examines what it takes for brands to succeed in today’s hyper-fragmented world. As people demand immediate, personalized and tailored experiences, businesses and brands need to move at the speed of light,” said Lisa Hezila, Y&R Malaysia’s Managing Director.
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Albern Murty – CEO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download event PDF here