(marketingmagazine.com.my) – The International Festival of Creativity, also known as Cannes Lions, is the world’s leading celebration of creativity in communications. The awards saw over 40,000 submission and campaigns from over 70 countries making the shortlist.
As we come to the midway point of the awards here is a quick round up of the Grand Prix winners for each category so far.
• Promo & Activation – Out of the 3,458 entries, 107 Lions were awarded and the top award was claimed by “OptOutside” for outdoor retail company, REI, by Venables Bell & Partners, San Francisco.
• Print & Publishing- 80 Lions were awarded out of the 3,777 entries received in this category. The campaign that clinched the Grand Prix award was “McWhopper” for Burger King, by Y&R NZ.
• Direct- From a total of 3,097 entries, 75 Direct Lions were awarded and “The Swedish Number” for the Swedish Tourist Association, by INGO Stockholm, claimed the Grand Prix.
• Radio- The category gained 1,410 entries and out of that 51 awards were presented. The Grand Prix went to “The Everyman Meal – Coloured Weights” for KFC, by Ogilvy & Mather, Johannesburg.
• Glass: The Lion for Change- The award devised in partnership with Lean In.Org and launched last year, saw 155 entries. The Grand Prix winner was claimed by “6 Pack Band” for Hindustan Unilever, from Mindshare, Mumbai.
• Product Design- A record-breaking 540 entries were received and 11 Lions were awarded. The Grand Prix went to “Jacquard” for Google, by Google Creative Lab, London.
• Creative Effectiveness- Out of 109 entries in this category, 13 Lions were awarded and the Grand Prix went to “Monty’s Christmas” for John Lewis, by Adam & Eve DDB, UK.
• Digital Craft Lions- Celebrating the skill and artistry in omni-channel digital creativity, from desktop to mobile to virtual reality, there were 1,148 entries from which 50 Lions were awarded.The inaugural Grand Prix went to “Because Recollection” for Because Music by 84.Paris, France.
• Design- The category received 2,856 entries and 104 Lions were awarded. The Grand Prix went to “Life is Electric” for Panasonic, by DENTSU INC, Tokyo.
• Outdoor- In this category fom 5,367 Outdoor entries, 129 Lions were awarded. The Grand Prix went to “Brewtroleum” for Heineken New Zealand, by Colenso BBDO.
• PR- 84 Lions out of the of 2,225 entries submitted was awarded for this category. The Grand Prix went to “The Organic Effect” for Coop by Forsman & Bodenfors, Sweden.
Get a taste of the Cannes Lions awards ceremony yourself! Be sure to tune in our website this Sunday (26th June) at 1.00 – 4.00 am to watch the LIVE streaming of the awards.
WIN the Content Marketing game
For the sixth year running, we are bringing back the famous Best of Global Digital Marketing Conference to KL with a special focus on Content Marketing this year.
Featuring the best case studies
The Best of Global Digital Marketing conference has won popularity in more than 30 cities around the world from Singapore, Moscow, Jakarta, Istanbul to Amsterdam, Johannesburg, Prague, Shanghai, Seoul, etc.
Featuring leading award-winning campaigns covering brands from Sony, Buzzfeed, Dell, BBC, The New York Times, P&G and more.
Speakers with digital domain expertise:
• Hando Sinisalu, CEO at Best Marketing International
• Xaviera Ringeling, CEO at ContentChefs
• Mathias Ihle, Founder & CEO at Makai Europe
• Bikram VaskarGangopadhyay, CEO at ibs – Interface Business Solutions
Unique case-study based learning, as our team monitors over 200 digital marketing award shows across the globe and interviews the winners. Based on this extensive work, we produce in-depth case studies.
Each case study follows the same format:
Date: 19 July, 2015 (Tuesday)
Venue: Eastin Hotel, PJ
Time: 8.30am – 5.00pm
Book your seats early: call Ruby on 03-77262588 or email email@example.com
This event is HRDF-Claimable!