(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Integrated media group, Media Prima Berhad nabbed four awards for its documentary and web broadcast series at the World Media Festival in Germany.
A competition which attracted over 280 TV stations, media companies and agencies in more than 40 countries from around the world, Media Prima managed to nab the following awards for:
• NTV7’s Feel Good documentaries – (Intermedia-globe Gold award)
• Piala Malaysia Finals, web events and live streaming – (Intermedia-globe Gold award)
• Kita Juara trailer – (Intermedia-globe Silver awards)
• Bella Awards promo trailers – (Intermedia-globe Silver awards)
Entries were judged on creativity, relevance to the target market, believability and overall impart.
Commenting on the win, Datuk Kamal Khalid, Chief Executive Officer of Media Prima Television Networks (MPTN) said:
“We are truly humbled, honoured, and at the same time very excited to be within the rank of such fine organisations to receive the coveted intermedia-globe Gold and Silver awards. The awards are certainly testament to the hard work and dedication of everyone at Media Prima who dared to continuously push the limits of their creativity,”
In a separate statement, the group just announced its Q1 earnings of RM304.1 million. The company saw a decline of 8% compared to Q1 of last year with its core advertising revenue and newspaper sales declined by 5% and 23% respectively.
Sharing his thoughts on this Dato’ Sri Amrin Awaluddin, Group Managing Director of Media Prima said 2016 was a challenging time, with the market remaining cautious due to the economic conditions and the rising cost of living.
“The industry players are anticipating a single digit growth in Adex this year, as businesses struggle to optimise their advertising and promotion budgets.”
“Our new ventures in non-traditional media is set to slowly complement our existing traditional
business, which is currently exposed to the unsettling economic and market sentiments,” he shared.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, email@example.com
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management,
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA