(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – By: Malati Siniah
Earlier this morning we spotted a Lamborghini parked right across MARKETING’s office in TTDI featuring a promotional picture of Indian superstar Rajinikanth’s latest movie Kabali.
The car attracted plenty of curious onlookers stopping by to take snapshots of the car which carried the caption “I want to give this Lamborghini to you!”.
A quick check on the website featured on the car revealed the person behind the marketing gambit. Dato’ Seri MahadiBZ a wealth advisor and motivational speaker who’s usually running his recruitment by promising his new recruits that they would receive a new Lamborghini.
Interesting move on tying his existing campaign to the blockbuster hit that has gotten Malaysia and the whole world buzzing.
Even before its launch, the teaser trailer for Kabali, launched in April clocked 5 million views in less than 24 hours, becoming the most viewed movie trailer in Asia ever.
An hour after the actual movie launch an almost complete clip of the entire film was uploaded on video hosting site Vimeo and got 2 million views in just two hours.
While Dato’ Seri MahadiBZ wrapped, a Lamborghini, Air Asia, the official airline partner for Kabali took it a step further by covering its aircraft with an image of the superstar.
Is this the ‘New Realities’ of marketing? Join the conversation here
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Albern Murty – CEO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, [email protected]
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.