(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Thirty local entrepreneurs in the food and services industry are attempting to tap the West Asian market through their participation in Saudi Food, Hotel and Hospitality 2016 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The four-day exhibition, to be held from May 9-12, will see the participation of over 20 countries including Bangladesh, China, India, Italy and Turkey.
President of the Malay Chamber of Commerce and Industry Kuala Lumpur, Datuk Sharifuddin Musa, said four booths would be rented to display local products.
“The products, such as energy drinks and halal food services which are brought to West Asia, have international recognition,” he disclosed after the chamber’s 40th annual general meeting.
During their stay, the entrepreneurs will visit several trading companies to see whether there were potentials for their products to be marketed at renowned supermarkets in Saudi Arabia.
“We have been cooperating with Malaysia External Trade Development Corp (Matrade) in Jeddah to arrange for the meetings with supermarket owners there to market our products in supermarkets such as Bin Dawood, Panda and Al-Raya,” he said.
He also cited the success of local company, Delima Emas Sdn Bhd, which has been penetrating the Saudi market by supplying 300,000 frozen chicken meat to Siman United Ltd after participating in Jeddah International Trade Fair in December last year.
One memorandum of understanding will be inked on May 14 in Jeddah which will see four supermarkets in Saudi Arabia marketing frozen chicken meat from Malaysia for the first time.
Meanwhile, Matrade Chief Executive Officer, Datuk Dzulkifli Mahmud, said the products to be displayed at the exhibition would meet the standards to access the Saudi market.
“We also believe that by participating in this international exhibition, the entrepreneurs would be able to clearly see the market conditions and the needs of consumers of Saudi Arabia and other participating countries in terms of packaging and as such.
“This exhibition in Saudi Arabia will attract people from various countries and this is the best time for the entrepreneurs to establish a relationship with other producers and gather inputs on producing goods to their likings,” he added.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, [email protected]
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA