The restriction of movement order has left many of us stranded at home, while frontliners work. Fortunately in this day and age we can avail ourselves to delivery companies for our favourite meals.
“Riders like foodpanda are still out there working tirelessly despite the challenging situation in the world satisfying our tastebuds and giving us our favourite food,” said Sayantan Das, Managing Director, foodpanda Malaysia.
In fact foodpanda says the company has also launched contactless delivery as of 18th March 2020.
Both customers and riders are able to opt for contactless delivery with the following steps:
- Place an order and opt for online payment.
- Go to the rider chat function on the foodpanda app and inform the
rider/customers that they are opting for the contactless delivery.
- Food will be placed at the designated drop off spot at the customers’ home or office.
- Rider will notify customers that food has arrived via the rider chat function on the app or call.
- A one meter distance will be maintained between rider and customers.
- Customers to verify the delivery.
- Delivery completed!
“We value the safety of everyone in our community, and have introduced new measures to ensure you feel secure while using our service. Our rider hubs provide hand sanitizer and masks free of charge to all our riders, who are instructed to wash their hands every two hours and after each time they handle a delivery,” said Sayantan Das
foodpanda is in constant communication with our restaurant partners over the latest World Health Organization notices and are advising them on the health and safety practices that go beyond the brand’s already high food hygiene expectations.
Das added, “We also encourage you to switch to online payment so we can reduce human interactions to a minimum.” Our commitment remains with supporting all our riders, restaurant partners and valued customers as we go through this tough time together as a nation. Rest assured we will keep you updated with any further developments.
Some of the precautionary measures the food delivery app has put in place includes thousands of active partners at foodpanda Malaysia, foodpanda is committed to providing most informed measures to promote health and safety.”
In line with the recommendations from the MOH, some of the measures include:
● Mandatory temperature checks twice a day for employees, recommended temperature checks for delivery partners.
● Facilitating working from home arrangements and conference calls for office employees
● Planning a split team arrangement to reduce the person-person contact.
● Establishing guidelines for working from home for employees taking public transport and employees who are unwell.
● Implementation of business-travel suspension within and between Asia-Pacific, Europe and MENA until at least the end of March 2020.
● Planned internal and external group events/conferences have been cancelled.
The company has also developed dedicated communication measures to ensure all employees and service partners are well informed of the personal hygiene steps they should now incorporate regularly. Circulating internal infographics, setting up dedicated telegram channels with delivery partners and having all members of the BCP available for any queries, foodpanda wants to ensure all parts of their panda family feel safe and supported during this time.
Jakob Angele, foodpanda APAC CEO, explains “During this time, it is of the utmost importance that our employees and partners feel supported, informed and safe. By setting up these precautionary measures we hope to have created a first line of protection, which we will then regulate in line with the continued recommendations from the MOH”
“As the spread of COVID-19 continues to unfold, foodpanda takes the situation very seriously. We have put precautionary measures in place to ensure the wellbeing of employees, partners and customers alike. As an effect of the recent outbreak of the COVID-19, foodpanda has established a dedicated committee in charge of implementing measures to ensure the health and safety of our internal and external stakeholders. In line with the recommendations from the World Health Organization and local health ministries, our teams have already issued a series of informed precautions.
“We will continue to monitor the development of COVID-19 to implement further measures as necessary,” said Sayantan Das, Managing Director, foodpanda. foodpanda APAC will continue to monitor the development of COVID-19 and implement further measures as necessary.