(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Having served 19-years at Carat, Darren Yuen has moved to IPG Mediabrands Malaysia to head its youngest media outfit, BPN.
At BPN, Darren will be holding the role of Managing Director where he will be responsible for the overall operations and profitability of BPN in Malaysia, as the agency brand continues to grow.
Darren replaces Ramakrishnan CN who headed BPN for the past 2 years. Ramakrishnan has been with IPG Mediabrands Malaysia for 8 years, served as managing director of IPG Mediabrands while leading Malaysia’s J3 team, their dedicated Mediabrands shop for all Johnson & Johnson brands.
Ramakrishnan played a key role in securing blue chip accounts such as Malaysia Airlines, Friesland Campina, Telekom Malaysia and a host of other clients who comprise half of the agency’s office revenue in Malaysia.
Earlier this year Darren was named as the CEO of Carat replacing Bala Pomaleh who moved on to lead IPG Mediabrands.
Darren is well known among his industry peers for his tenacity, strong network and big ideas. In 2014, Darren was inducted into the highly respected and reputable Campaign Asia’s 40 under 40.
Commenting on his appointment, Pavan Kharbanda, Regional Commercial Director APAC and CFO IPG Mediabrands Malaysia said: Darren is someone I knew since my schooling days where he had shown the same tenacity and passion. Even till today, he demonstrates the same qualities which will lead BPN to greater heights.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, [email protected]
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA
After 19-years at Carat Darren makes his next move
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.