With data overloading our minds and measurement metrics the new mantra for successful and accountable marketing, we are now in a tailspin of new ways of doing things.
Even these ways change by the day. The charged up ecosystem, where budgets get lower, channels keep increasing, and targets get unrealistic, it is easy not to lose one’s mind while trying to survive, let alone thrive.
Journey with our speakers at The Malaysian CMO Conference this February 10th at Sime Darby Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur and learn from their inspiring discourses as you centralise your focus on innovative pathways to marketing success.
This year’s theme will address marketing’s pain points and why it can be very easy to distract from the only person that matters – the consumer.
THE FINAL TOUCH – CREATIVITY IS BACK
ChatGPT is not a catalyst that adds anything new to creativity, that is not already available in the marketplace. It is a tool for quick commoditised content, and perfect for PR templated fluff.
Also good for in-house entry level content generation by marketing organisations, because it is not subjected to the same vetting standards applied to external agency partners.
ChatGPT can certainly make any report voluminous, ideal for board members who insist thicker is better. But once the more than 1 million people who downloaded that app provide more intelligence to the machine, it is still early days.
KEYNOTE POWER PANEL – RAPID FIRE AWAY!
- Is sustainability a priority over commercial returns?
- Why does marketing fish from the advertising industry’s talent pool
- How influential is the marketing function at the boardroom table today
- What components in marketing can be automated in 2023?
- Which is your favourite advertising campaign in 2022?
- If your Chairman/CEO granted you one wish for 2023, what would that be?
- When and how do you think outsourcing the marketing oversight role works?
- What did you do last week you were really proud of?
- How do you see your brand as a tradable product when it comes to partnerships?
- What qualities do you look for in a marketing professional?
- How will digital shape or sully the customer experience in 2023?
- Do you think advertising and media agencies are too nice to marketers?
- Media’s getting more creative, advertising’s getting more media-fluent, what is marketing getting?
- Is being a good salesperson still important in marketing?
DOING THE RIGHT THING WITH THE RIGHT DATA
- How not to get seduced by big data
- Why social listening is only the beginning
- Customised marketing is now truly possible
WHY MARKETERS NEED A MEDIA LIFE COACH?
- No marketer is an island
- Hyper Personalisation
- 5 key lessons my clients have taught me
WHOSE AUDIENCE IS IT ANYWAY?
Reaching and influencing consumers has been at the heart of every marketing campaign. However, the media channels such as television, radio, print, digital, cinema, social media and OOH have been siloed with no single customer view across these channels.
With the advent of adtech platforms, the same consumer can be reached through any one of these channels. The world of omni-channel media and addressable audiences will move the discussion from reaching audiences to influencing them. This session explores the omni-channel world of data and automation.
APAC & MALAYSIA SHOPPER 2.0: INSIGHTS ON THE TRIGGERS & BEHAVIOUR OF ONLINE SHOPPERS
As the pandemic shaped the regions shopping habits, Reprise set out on a study to build a detailed picture of the APAC retail landscape. As most brands consider cross-border commerce opportunities, the region continues to set the standard for both social commerce and live commerce shopping, with some eye-opening figures revealed by the study.
Hear more about new technologies in this space, with insights into Malaysian shopper preferences, and functionalities that will build trust and present unique opportunities for brands.
ADDRESSABLE MARKETING IS A NO-BRAINER
- Why Addressable TV is as personalised as you can get
- How OnScreen Marketing is driving OffScreen Marketing performance
- How a big year for television and home shopping helped marketers
- Are SMEs in mainstream marketing already?
THE ART OF BEING STUPID TOGETHER
- Is random raw creative or conceptually crafted work the way to go now?
- How will happy accidents play into the new way of working?
- What’s missing in marketers’ in-housing solutions?
- What is the role of a creative agency today in helping marketers?
- The art of brainstorming also knew as the art of being foolish
- How to enhance the value of creativity in an “always-on” world
THE RISE OF MUSLIM CONSUMERISM
250 million Muslims across South East Asia are today living lives different from their parents, shaped by a resurgence of faith and the spread of western consumerism. They are increasingly overlaying their religious beliefs on purchase decisions and this is constantly evolving.
The dynamics that permeate beliefs and the behaviour of Muslims are essential to offer efficient solutions for connected brands. That is cultural commerce.
- Halal consumerism, the pivotal game-changer?
- Is Sharia Compliance a marketing myth?
- Muslim consumers think the ad industry should have more ‘nuanced depictions’ of the community.
- Did GE15 show up a loyal Muslim consumer?
- The majority prioritise their relationships with Allah, health and family in that order.
MARTECH IS NOW YOUR TECH
Why MarTech? What’s so good about it and why is it so important for companies to adopt today?
As any business owner or marketer can attest to, there are limitless tools available to help your organization generate awareness and support sales efforts. These are known as marketing technology (or MarTech) tools. As the world continues to rely on technology to make connections and bridge the gap between us, it’s more vital than ever to truly understand the tools and technologies available to you, especially if your company is considering making an investment.
The prevalence of big data in all businesses, big and small, has brought with it a number of challenges, but also opportunities, particularly with regard to digital MarTech.
Central to the utilisation of this data is the ability of businesses to offer a more personalised approach than they were able to before.
The more data you have, the more information you have to be able to target your campaigns at specific, segmented groups across all your platforms.
The better you’re able to understand your prospects (and customers) and target your campaigns, the more effective they’ll be and the more leads you’ll convert.
ARE THERE BLOOD CLOTS IN YOUR CUSTOMER JOURNEY?
- Why marketers are re-looking at their data points?
- Is niche the new mass?
- Is digital a misfit when it comes to personalisation?
- Based on the RMG story, will transformation ever be complete?
- If someone spent RM100 million on your platforms next month, what’ll be your media plan, without the discount?
- Is the absence of a single media currency affecting your business?
- How has the GE15 experience sharpened your marketing solutions for advertisers?
SNEAK PREVIEW – THE 45TH INTERNATIONAL ADVERTISING WORLD CONGRESSThe theme is Brand RE_CODE: Better World, Better Lives
A first in Southeast Asia. It marks the 85th Anniversary of IAA (International Advertising Association) Global and 30th Anniversary of IAA Malaysia
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.