UMNO to relinquish control of Utusan Melayu
Utusan Melayu (Malaysia) Bhd, the UMNO owned newspaper group is expected to have new owners soon.
This will likely occur after its restructuring and staff voluntary separation scheme which will let go of some 750employees.
It will also close down its printing plant in Kuala Terengganu and five of its magazine titles and four digital magazines.
The newspaper has for a long time now depended on government contracts to survive as newspaper readership plunged.
This was before the last general election ushered in a new government and the whole scenario changed for the publication.
Some of the controversial contracts that were given earlier include one to supply more than 180,000 tablets to teachers nationwide which was awarded last year.
The company was also awarded the job for printing Barisan Nasional campaign posters in the run up to the last elections which were worth some RM30 million.
MARKETING’s CMO Conference Returns with a Stellar Line-Up
Last year’s sold out conference is back! BIGGER, BETTER and with a NEW awards show to celebrate Malaysia’s best marketers.
Now in its 7th year, the Chief Marketing Officers Conference is a gathering of trailblazers in the Malaysian Marketing sphere.
With a bold yet relevant theme of ‘Goodbye Marketing, Hello Engagement’ this year’s conference will bring you up to speed with what’s going on in the Malaysian marketplace.
The change makers who will take the stage on the 16th of November include:
• Damien Crittenden, VP Client Strategy, Xaxis
• Ben Mahmud, Head Strategy, Business Dev, Petronas Dagangan Bhd
• Dato’ Dr.Hussamuddin Hj. Yaacub, Chairman CEO & Group MD, Karangkraf Media Group
• Lim Imun, General Manager-Marketing Munchworld
• Juliana Chua, GM of Marketing, Pavilion KL
• Tai Kam Leong, Head of Branding & Partnership, Maxis
• Rishi Pahwa, Head of Marketing, Wipro Ginvera Marketing Ent Sdn Bhd
• Schrene Goh, Head of Marketing (Global Market) Malaysia Airlines
• Kenny Wong, CMO Sunrise Berhad ….and more!
The 7th Malaysian CMO Conference & Awards
Date:16th November 2018
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Sime Darby Convention Centre
For further details on the conference and awards visit: www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2018/conference Or contact Amira/Ruby for further details: 03 7726 2588
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.